Using soft limits and physical reference points to home robot arm?

More
24 Aug 2018 09:44 #116516 by andypugh

Its a strange one. There are cables named LS1 and LS2 which according to the schematics are limit switches. I believe they serve the first three joints and are all on a common circuit and Normally closed.

Are they microswitches or something else? Have you ever seen one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2018 21:24 - 24 Aug 2018 21:25 #116562 by Wireline
I've had a rummage around inside the housing to see if I can spot them but no luck. The exploded diagrams dont seem to show the physical bodies either.

They are present on the drawings, and originally went to the safety board of the CS7M controller, sitting in a big series line with lots of other Estop kit.

Putting an ear to the unit, there is a faint click when it reaches its stop, but I am grasping t straws really. One option might be to fit some switches myself.
Last edit: 24 Aug 2018 21:25 by Wireline.

More
25 Aug 2018 15:48 #116574 by Wireline
On a related issue, do you recall starting to write a component to manage the compound movement of J5 and 6? I have what looks like an early draft of it and would like to get it working. Happy to figure out the code myself, but am curious about a particular part of it. Should I start a new topic or perhaps message you privately?

Cheers
Ross

More
28 Aug 2018 15:12 #116711 by andypugh
Start a new topic, perhaps someone else needs it?

As for the limits, if they click then that excludes the possibility of them being inductive or optical.

Maybe the cables are actually shorted, or one switch it broken, or permanently set?

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds