Possible to automatically compensate for irreguarities on the XY plane?

More
04 Oct 2023 12:19 #282279 by Aciera
@ andy

Just out of interest:

it would not be too unmanageable to pass a set of XYZ probe points in as a parameter array (max 4096 characters)

I guess this would not be enough to pass 10'000 Z values (even if we could somehow use the array position to represent the xy position)?

On the other hand 'classicladder' seems to manage to load fairly substantial 'clp' files. But I assume that is not kept in shared memory?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2023 14:47 #282290 by andypugh
I think that the trick would be to load a C strict with the X and Y axis breakpoints and an array of Z heights.

If you were probing a part for engraving then the X breakpoints might be
0, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 400
2D interpolation of such a map is something that vehicle ECUs do millions of times a second, and it's pretty simple code.

So the realtime part is simple.

More
04 Oct 2023 20:44 - 04 Oct 2023 20:46 #282311 by tommylight
Is this similar to 3D printing bed mesh?
There is something like that done here, one for circuit boards, the other for printers.
Sorry, no time to find those.
Edit:
search google with something like
bed leveling site:linuxcnc.org
or
bed compensation site:linuxcnc.org
This shows results only from this forum and LinuxCNC website and wiki.
Last edit: 04 Oct 2023 20:46 by tommylight. Reason: more info

More
05 Oct 2023 17:01 #282382 by pommen

Is this similar to 3D printing bed mesh?There is something like that done here, one for circuit boards, the other for printers.Sorry, no time to find those.Edit:search google with something likebed leveling site:linuxcnc.orgorbed compensation site:linuxcnc.orgThis shows results only from this forum and LinuxCNC website and wiki. 

I used an autoleveller quite alot for PCB engraving before i found out that JLCPCB and the like are costing almost nothing. www.autoleveller.co.uk/It changes the Gcode file to first probe in a grid, saving those values as variable accessible to gcode. then offsets the Z by that amount at the correct coordinates.Attached is a sample file from the website modified by the app. 

File Attachment:

File Name: ALspindle....mcmm.ngc
File Size:563 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds