M52 M53 possible activate in jog mode too?

More
17 Oct 2023 19:45 #283193 by bkt
not try jet ... but ask if possible use motion.feed-hold and motion.adaptive-speed in manual mode too ... so need activate M52 and M53 outside gcode too I think ....there are a way? 

Where find M52 and M53 routine codes?

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2023 07:52 - 18 Oct 2023 07:54 #283216 by Aciera
'motion.feed-hold' has no effect when jogging so maybe try 'motion.jog-inhibit' or 'motion.jog-stop' instead.
M52 also has no effect on jogging. Workarounds for this will depend somewhat on the gui you are using. Gmoccapy offers convenient hal pins to handle jog speed while in 'Axis Gui' you might have to use 'halui.axis.jog-speed' to set the speed and 'halui.axis.L.minus' and 'halui.axis.L.plus' to do the jogging. 'halui.axis.L.analog' might also be of interest as that will allow to scale the jog speed between -1..1.

Note that in some guis (like 'Axis') these halpins will be overridden by the jog buttons in the gui.

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man1/halui.1.html
Last edit: 18 Oct 2023 07:54 by Aciera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
18 Oct 2023 10:52 #283223 by andypugh

not try jet ... but ask if possible use motion.feed-hold and motion.adaptive-speed in manual mode too ... so need activate M52 and M53 outside gcode too I think ....there are a way? 

I don't think that there is a way, as jogging / manual uses a different motion planner than coordinated mode. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
18 Oct 2023 14:01 #283234 by bkt
motion.feed-hold .... just try work perfect in joint jog mode, and world jog mode .... work perfect ... think no problem to work in gcode too.

motion.adaptive-feed .... not work .... but maybe can work .... not find M52 and M53 code so not understand what they do and how they do it ....

More
18 Oct 2023 14:32 #283236 by Aciera

motion.feed-hold .... just try work perfect in joint jog mode, and world jog mode .... work perfect ... think no problem to work in gcode too.

Hm, not sure what you are doing but I tried it also and for me it sure does not work on Version 2.9. Neither joint or axis jog is affected by motion.feed-hold and since jogging uses a different planner I'm not sure how it could.

More
18 Oct 2023 19:16 #283248 by bkt
maybe because you use some standard linuxcnc gui .... not sure about version data but I've a 2.9 linuxcnc, and use a c++ gui .... exchange signal and value is trought nml, and pin value on shemem ... for these reason think I have these effect that you not have .... and for that reason think can try to have some result on M52 code when discover where is placed on (folder and name file) .... maybe not but if not see it is impossible to discover ...

Any how I try to limit velocity near singularity issue zone .... for now I drive the change using a pin from my kinematics that check when i reach singularity zone and halui.axis.jog-speed pin .... in these way everytime "enter" in "danger" zone can set a lower velocity .... but logic of mechanism is not clean so try to do somethings more clear and clean only for that pourpose ....

regards

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aciera

More
18 Oct 2023 21:18 - 18 Oct 2023 21:19 #283255 by bkt
@andyPugh  ..... mmmm ... you think switchkins in joint mode not use same motion planner than coordinate mode? curious ....
Last edit: 18 Oct 2023 21:19 by bkt.

More
19 Oct 2023 07:21 #283280 by Aciera
What he meant is that _jogging_ does not use the same planner.
Switchkins does not change the planner.

More
19 Oct 2023 15:02 - 19 Oct 2023 17:57 #283301 by bkt
Ok understand ... obviusly switchkins not change plan .... but drive joint and axis too ... because for drive (or regulate velocity) of joint need to use joint .... I think can work in jogging mode too .... HOW??? I think if can study M52 script (that not find probabily because name in different way) can understand if my ideas was wrong or not ....I know my English is pitiful, be patient... I'm also old

regards
Last edit: 19 Oct 2023 17:57 by bkt.

More
19 Oct 2023 17:59 - 19 Oct 2023 18:02 #283309 by bkt
Any how I discove today MDI command (trough shell) develop from andyPugh? real thanks for that ... very fine and helpful (in general for uses Lcnc ... not for these thread).

regards
Last edit: 19 Oct 2023 18:02 by bkt.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds