fast debugging ...

More
25 Dec 2023 11:11 - 25 Dec 2023 11:13 #289027 by bkt
fast debugging ... was created by bkt
Merry christmas to all guy ....

I have a problem and not able not think to it from 4 days .... whitout find a trik to solve it .....

I have more or less 10 machinery configuration total ... someone with ubutnu 10.04, other with 14, the last with mint ... but all make the same things...  I have copy of all configuration upgraded with mint19 and Lcnc 2.9.1 .... 4 day ago need to change pc because broken after a storm .... and change with other one, clonezilla an ssd of mint and start again .... machine is the same only different pc.  These new pc cloned work good, ethercat link and my test config work well .... but when start my RealConfig (I have a running equal machinery near these last) e-stop button result everityme pressed ..... using axis gui, and using my gui too .... I work on more or less 6 hour whitout discover the problem ... than think to these situation from 4 days ..... every time is possible .... not love unsolved situation ....
There are a fast way to debug these situation? .... hal file seems the same, ini file seems the same, classic ladder is a copy paste file as .hal and .ini .... in out is equal because from axis gui, machinery configuration menù I can set and reset same pin, and see the same motor pin .... for sure there are some differnce, but not able to find it .....

good holiday to all ... and thank for any suggestion

So ... b ecause e.stop problem, there a re a way to check the e-stop chain in Lcnc? or a fast way to debug these problem tipe? (seems a pin not correspond to the real input ... but not able to see whitch are).

p.s.: my debug level on ini file is 12 ....
Last edit: 25 Dec 2023 11:13 by bkt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Dec 2023 12:44 #289028 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic fast debugging ...
how about using the 'show hal configuration' tool to see the state of halpins in real time?
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
25 Dec 2023 15:06 #289032 by tommylight

More
25 Dec 2023 17:02 - 25 Dec 2023 17:02 #289036 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic fast debugging ...
@aciera ... I work on these manner for all time ... but see nothing to interesting ....
Last edit: 25 Dec 2023 17:02 by bkt.

More
25 Dec 2023 17:12 #289038 by bkt
@tommylight .... not for sure .... as you know well iso en uni rules not permitt direct connection from non-secure signal to safe logic ... so safety relays need to work independently from Lcnc .... like on my machinery. Lcnc need to know only when machinery is on e-stop state, and can not command a e-stop state ... I talk about regulations .... Lcnc phisically is perctly capable to do these.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
26 Dec 2023 00:22 #289054 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic fast debugging ...
Its really quite simple to integrate a safety circuit into linuxcnc.

You just need to send a signal from the safety circuit to iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in.
This assumes you have external circuitry to enable the safety relay . I use a seperate momentary push button for this.
You may need to add a couple of force guided relays in series with the push button and trigger the relay.
In my circuit, the force guided relays are triggered by K3 & K4. These relays, the reset push button and the relay to power  iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in are all in series between S33 & S34, If, any of those fail, the machine cannot turn on.
(Force guided relays have an additional  mechanism to force the contacts apart to prevent contacts from welding together)

More
26 Dec 2023 10:36 #289081 by bkt
@rodw ... i did the same in some machines .... in some others I try to integrate safe ethercat logic ... but these is not the problem here .... The problem is to discovered a faster way to debug .hal pin tree... or at least .hal e-stop pin tree.

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
26 Dec 2023 12:25 #289087 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic fast debugging ...
Slow and steady wins the race. check at the pin with a multimeter it works as expected, then check the pin lights up in halshow and only then connect it in hal. Saved my backside time and again.

More
26 Dec 2023 23:10 #289123 by bkt
Thanks ... my first job was as an electrician for electrical control panels.... when relays were used.... this is always the first thing I do .... having said this, it seems that there is nothing similar to what is needed,,,, yet I believe it can be made... a kind of simulator.... which makes the connections between pins 'visual'... so as to identify them more quickly the possible causes of error....

greetings and happy holidays to everyone.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds