[TRAJ]
MAX_ANGULAR_VELOCITY = 7200

[AXIS_W] & [JOINT_4]
MAX_VELOCITY = 500

[SPINDLE_1]
MAX_RPM = 5000
MAX_RPS = 50 (stepgen maxvel)
MAX_ACCEL_RPS = 50 (stepgen maxaccel)

Of course I'd be willing to test a component, thanks for the offer.

I want to try to get the axis working tonight (no spindle mode) open loop.  Then I'll work on closing the loop and adjusting PID.

After that I can either test your component or see about re-doing the caxis.comp connection.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2024 16:28 - 26 Jan 2024 16:32 #291664 by smc.collins
Replied by smc.collins on topic caxis.comp - problems
Quic glance at manual, angular velocity should be machine units per second, so 360 degrees per second  should be around 60rpm 

Add a zero and change it to 3600 see what happens 
Last edit: 26 Jan 2024 16:32 by smc.collins.

More
26 Jan 2024 18:10 #291672 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic caxis.comp - problems

Add a zero and change it to 3600 see what happens 

What happens is nothing changes.  I had the value from 90 to 7200 and pid.w.output stayed at 3rpm regardless of the max settings.  If I raised P above the point where it started waggling the output maybe got to 4-5rpm.  pid.w.max-output was always set to 0, so that wasn't clamping in the background.

Like I said, I'll get it working as an axis with no caxis.comp or spindle functions to confuse the issue, then start working on where I went wrong.

More
26 Jan 2024 20:03 #291678 by smc.collins
Is there a max stepgen setting in the axis portion of the ini ??

Like I said, the entire problem is sharing the output.

I'll try to set aside some time to make a hal component that will send spindle feedback and output a deg/sec etc to the axis input. This will actually fix the homing issues as well.

More
26 Jan 2024 21:10 #291685 by spumco

Is there a max stepgen setting in the axis portion of the ini ??

Nope.  That's what I was referring to earlier.  There's only one stepgen connected to hardware.  And the stepgen settings are sourced from one location, whether [spindle] or [axis] or [joint] or directly set in hal.  In the config above I had the values in [spindle_1], but they could have been anywhere.

Because the stepgen position-scale is a parameter, you cant (as far as I know) dynamically change the value on the fly using simple hal components/logic like a mux2 because you can't connect a parameter to a signal.

Might be able to do it using bin/bash in an Mcode triggered through digital out, but I haven't tried it yet.  Whatever method is used, it needs to be do-able inside g-code... which means halui mdi commands won't work.

More
27 Jan 2024 00:29 - 27 Jan 2024 01:00 #291701 by smc.collins
you however can route it through a hal component. However I think the solution is, create a hal component that takes in RPM and generates a velocity in deg/sec. thats fairly easy, and you can send the axis enable over from the spindle command as well as the brake etc. so take in the spindle data, ship it over to the axis and translate it to what the axis needs to understand. we can copy the encoder feedback counts and pip[e them to the spindle logic, and there is never any need to worry about any of the other issues afaik.

can you post your hal file so I can have a look at how the signals are scaled named etc ? 
Last edit: 27 Jan 2024 01:00 by smc.collins.

More
27 Jan 2024 03:29 #291714 by spumco

can you post your hal file so I can have a look at how the signals are scaled named etc ? 

Which version of hal/ini?  I've got a dozen iterations:
  • Main spindle/axis using stepgen, sub is spindle-only
  • Main spindle/axis using PWM, sub is spindle-only
  • Main spindle/axis using PWM and sub spindle/axis using stepgen
    • (main is OK on this one, sub is what I'm working through)
  • Plus the one I'm about 2 minutes from trying out
    • sub axis-only to get rational pid/stepgen/INI values

More
27 Jan 2024 04:25 #291716 by spumco
Disapointing results in my axis-only test.

I've got it set open loop in PID, and the INI values all look rational to me.  Copied the same basic unit-values from my working mill 4th axis config, adjusted appropriately as there's no 50:1 harmonic on the subspindle.

No connections to caxis.comp or the spindle section in INI.

It homes ok, and a G0/1 moves are exactly the right distance both in DRO and at the motor...yet something is still clamping the axis speed.

PID output is '3' during a G0 move, so it's not (or not entirely) a stepgen issue.
Attachments:

More
27 Jan 2024 05:00 #291717 by spumco
So I've been running this thing back and forth some more, and I realized it's not going 3rpm.

The pid output is "3", and the stepgen velocity-cmd and velocity-fb is "3", but the encoder velocity-rpm is reporting about 0.5rpm.  Still open loop.

Have I got the stepgen or encoder scale wrong yet again?

Drive needs 5000ppr input, which means 13.888 steps per degree.  And angular joints/axes are in degrees...

Setting the stepgen position-scale to 5000 and a G0 W180 resulted in about 60 revolutions at 4000rpm.  That's not it.

#stumped

More
27 Jan 2024 07:30 #291718 by smc.collins
4x quadratic counting

Time to create page: 0.696 seconds