Negative tool problem / T0 for no tool spindle

More
18 Mar 2024 21:03 - 18 Mar 2024 21:10 #296252 by greg23_78
i have a problem when starting linuxcnc and since i use random tool changer. when i start linuxcnc i get a message "negative tool id (tool not found)" and when i look on halshow i currently have io control/tool number =-1 and pocket position 0. my tool table doesn't include any tool or pocket 0.
When I request a tool change, for example tool 4, it performs the tool change correctly but inserts tool 4 in pocket 0 in the tool table.

So my questions would be:

- Can I use T0 or P0 to indicate that there is no tool in the spindle (but not used in my tool table)?
- How can I change tool -1 to 0 on restart, the tool will be unloaded before closing linuxcnc.

Last edit: 18 Mar 2024 21:10 by greg23_78.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2024 11:01 - 19 Mar 2024 11:08 #296303 by aleksamc
I think, that Tool -1 means that system doesn't know what tool is inserted and if it inserted at all.

Theoretically, you can turn off machine with tool and next time it will be inserted. Does your machine know this?

When linuxcnc turns off (not interrupt from outside), you can save all parameters to the file. But for this reason you should create this file and add appropriate settings.
May be this topic will help you Saving parameters on Turn off .
Last edit: 19 Mar 2024 11:08 by aleksamc.

More
19 Mar 2024 21:32 #296345 by greg23_78
I have just browsed the topic
 forum.linuxcnc.org/24-hal-components/259...er-shut-down?start=0
but I don't think I'm familiar enough with linuxcnc for this.

I would like to do as explained on this topic forum.linuxcnc.org/49-basic-configuratio...r-permanent?start=10

Replied by Todd Zuercher
'Might it work if you set up the changer as a random, set up a T0 as NO TOOL, then remapping M6 to do two tool changes, exchanging T0 with the tool in the spindle and using it as a place holder to keep the pocket empty?
Kind of like this.
T0 in spindle
command T2 M6 would put T0 in pocket 2
next tool change
T5M6 (remap would do T0M6 to put too 2 back in pocket 2 then T5M6 to pick up tool 5 and put T0 in pocket 5) '

Currently the system changes my tools according to a pocket 0 that does not exist.

How can you create a T0 tool for No Tool without pocket 0 existing?

More
20 Mar 2024 08:36 #296376 by aleksamc
I'm not near linuxcnc and I don't know what GUI you use.
Try to check in GUI menu: File> Tool Table

In that Tool table you will see your tools and settings for them.
Tool T0, should be all coordinate settings is 0. And all these parameters already should be present.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds