Retrofitting a TOS FNG 32 NC

More
21 Jul 2022 18:08 #247974 by Kevin_Pawlus
Yes you are right. I deleted it and now my program starts!

I don't really know how it turned out like that. I thought I had erased everything and started from schratch. Oops.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2022 18:40 - 22 Jul 2022 19:41 #248059 by Kevin_Pawlus
Today I connected my EXE 602 box. I set the value to 200 inside Pncconf and it works. If I manually move Y 10mm I can see it in AXIS that the machine has moved 10mm. When I try to jog Y I will get "joint 1 following error" and no movement.

I only have one EXE box connected yet and that is to the Y axis. At one time I tried to jog X witch was a mistake because the whole milling table ran away and hit the side before I could switch it off, It was a surprise to me.

I have also plugged in the spindel drive. I have not tested it yet because it is powered by a contactor, I want to draw this contactor from my relay board that is controlled by my Mesa board. Is this done with ladder programing? I believe I want to switch it on a couple of seconds after the machine has been powered up.

Edit:
I found the "Servo tuning detailed how to" by tommylight that I will read now 
Last edit: 22 Jul 2022 19:41 by Kevin_Pawlus.

More
26 Jul 2022 20:44 #248369 by Kevin_Pawlus
Today I plugged in all of the EXE boxes. 
I tried to enable the machine but LinuxCNC doesn't let me. I can see that one of the axis is slowly moving, like 1mm every 10 seconds. I also get "Joint error" immediately on the same axis. 
What could be the cause of this? Is it some ground issue perhaps. 

/Kevin

More
26 Jul 2022 21:10 #248370 by tightmopedman9
Your servos are drifting, and you need to adjust the center point either on your drives, if they have that feature, or within LCNC. Adjusting the center point on the drives is the preferred method, as if for some reason your drive inhibit output fails, or you don't have a drive inhibit connected at all, you servos will stay in place.

Now that you have things hooked up you get to experience the joys of tuning. There are many articles around this forum to get you going on this. One of the first things you'll want to do when you start tuning is to increase the following error limits - I recommend something around 2-3 inches.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin_Pawlus

More
26 Jul 2022 23:01 #248377 by tommylight
Analog servo systems REQUIRE a bit of drift when enabled and the input is at zero.
Do not try to tune that, never ever.
First, fix the wiring so that any joint error will disable the drives, this is also not negotiable.
A detailed guide on step by step wiring and checking is here:
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...ning-detailed-how-to

More
26 Jul 2022 23:24 #248379 by tightmopedman9

Analog servo systems REQUIRE a bit of drift when enabled and the input is at zero.
Do not try to tune that, never ever.

Can you explain or provide more information about why this is the case?

More
27 Jul 2022 00:35 #248381 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Retrofitting a TOS FNG 32 NC
I would not say that its required, but analog servos almost always drift a bit.
If you zero the motion at one temperature, it may drift a bit when the temperature
changes. That said, small amounts of drift are unimportant as they will never
occur when LinuxCNC is closing the feedback loop, and the drives _MUST_ be disabled
when LinuxCNC is not in control (that is LinuxCNC must control the drive enables)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Kevin_Pawlus

More
27 Jul 2022 05:56 - 27 Jul 2022 07:49 #248389 by Kevin_Pawlus
Hi Henk,
What kind of problem did you have when you tried to enable all of the enables at ones with your Maho?
I have XYZ enabled by the Mesa board, and the last one to enable the whole drive is currently permanently enabled.
I have a slowly drifting servomotor now when the XYZ enables if off. I want to rewire it so that the fourth enable also is through the Mesa. My first thought is to wire it the same as the others. IIRC Mesa has 4 enable switches that is switched on at the same time.
Last edit: 27 Jul 2022 07:49 by Kevin_Pawlus.

More
27 Jul 2022 18:22 #248440 by Henk
Replied by Henk on topic Retrofitting a TOS FNG 32 NC
HI
ENA0 through 4 (5 in quantity) on the mesa 7i77 works together, they cannot be controlled individually. The last one is the spindle ENA and should be used for the spindle only.

What you want is for the axis enable pin (65 on the drive, one for each axis) is controlled by linuxcnc. In your hal file, this line "net x-enable => [HMOT](CARD0).7i77.0.1.analogena" switches on the ena signals on the mesa card, and this will only happen when linuxcnc is turned on and controlle the position PID loop...

Check the wiring that feeds pin/s 65.

the main power to the drive should be switched off when estop is pressed. the auxilary power should be on all the time, when the main isolator is on (pins 27, 28 and 28)

you can enable 63 and 64 by KA23 when estop is released, but there must be power on 27-29 before that.

hope this helps

More
27 Jul 2022 18:22 #248441 by Henk
Replied by Henk on topic Retrofitting a TOS FNG 32 NC
HI
ENA0 through 4 (5 in quantity) on the mesa 7i77 works together, they cannot be controlled individually. The last one is the spindle ENA and should be used for the spindle only.

What you want is for the axis enable pin (65 on the drive, one for each axis) is controlled by linuxcnc. In your hal file, this line "net x-enable => [HMOT](CARD0).7i77.0.1.analogena" switches on the ena signals on the mesa card, and this will only happen when linuxcnc is turned on and controlle the position PID loop...

Check the wiring that feeds pin/s 65.

the main power to the drive should be switched off when estop is pressed. the auxilary power should be on all the time, when the main isolator is on (pins 27, 28 and 28)

you can enable 63 and 64 by KA23 when estop is released, but there must be power on 27-29 before that.

hope this helps

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.878 seconds