× Forum Header

stop and go while homing

More
13 Jun 2013 17:47 #35584 by Chando
Replied by Chando on topic stop and go while homing
I don't think the velocity is the problem. Same settings on the old pc worked fine. I have just changed the pc because it always gave latency error.

Regarding the freezing: I am using only emc . When freezes I can do nothing except restart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2013 20:35 #35586 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic stop and go while homing

I don't think the velocity is the problem. Same settings on the old pc worked fine. I have just changed the pc because it always gave latency error.

Regarding the freezing: I am using only emc . When freezes I can do nothing except restart.

which is probably why you had high numbers because of the latency ..
every pc is different ..

More
13 Jun 2013 21:57 #35587 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic stop and go while homing

I don't think the velocity is the problem. Same settings on the old pc worked fine.

But they didn't did they, you kept getting realtime errors

If you choose to run with a completely untuned system, high base thread interval and insane acceleration, don't expect it to run smoothly.

More
13 Jun 2013 22:07 - 13 Jun 2013 22:09 #35588 by Chando
Replied by Chando on topic stop and go while homing
Yes this is true, but now I am with good setup

stepgen.dirhold and dirsetup are as you said under 30000. The velocity is low and again the machine is stopping times to times while searching the home position. I think I have troubles either with the pc or with linux installed, but how to find them. I see I can not change the time and date settings. Every time when reboot the time and date start form 00:00 and 2003 year december. I changed the motherboard battery, but the result is the same.
However thank all of you for suggestions. Please keep to write. I need to find and resolve the problem.

Thanks
Last edit: 13 Jun 2013 22:09 by Chando.

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds