× Forum Header

CNCRouterParts pre-wired kit

More
15 Jan 2014 13:10 #42802 by Jack000
anyone know the step time, step space, direction hold, direction setup parameters for this kit?
www.cncrouterparts.com/4-axis-plug-and-p...23-system-p-260.html

I used the default values for "other", and everything seemed fine until one of the pockets, where instead of pocketing at 1/4" it went all the way through the 3/4" material. Problem doesn't appear when jogging, but only during a cut. After the problem occurs, zero is at the correct location but actual z-height becomes about 3x displayed z-height.

I thought it might have been the pc, which had bad latency numbers. But with a new pc with less than 12000 ns the same thing happened. I now assume it's the step time etc that's the issue, but I'm not sure what numbers to use, or if that's even the issue.

any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2014 13:53 #42805 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic CNCRouterParts pre-wired kit
Looks like they come with a Mach XML file, you should be able to get the info there or ask John to convert it for you.

Rick G

More
15 Jan 2014 16:27 #42811 by cncbasher
there the standard leadshine drives , so dir = 5000 and step 3500 should suit fine

check your z axis scale , and if it's still being a problem , try at a slower z feed rate and see if you get the same answer , you'll probably want slower max acceleration on the z

More
15 Jan 2014 17:49 #42812 by Jack000
I did have a look at the xml file but it is pretty huge.. I'll try those numbers, thanks!

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds