× Forum Header

Max speed when testing axis?

More
17 Feb 2014 17:02 #43909 by awes
Changes to ballscrews and wanted to try the StepConf Wizard to test what feedrate I could get now.

Tested x first and found that 20mm/s worked. Tried y after that. In the gui when testing axis, I could not select anything higher that 19.5?

So question. Is there any logic in StepConfig Wizard that sets a max possible feedrate value for the test axis gui?

Anders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2014 17:23 - 17 Feb 2014 17:24 #43911 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Max speed when testing axis?
Have not used Stepconf in a long while but most likely will not allow you to test beyond what is a possible step rate limited by your Base period.

Rick G
Last edit: 17 Feb 2014 17:24 by Rick G.

More
17 Feb 2014 17:28 #43912 by awes
Replied by awes on topic Max speed when testing axis?
Rick, thanks that was also my guess (but haven't tried to verify it by doing any math).
But still interesting that I could set 20 for x-axis and max 19.5 for y. All other parameters are the same for x and y.

More
03 Mar 2014 06:48 #44340 by wbeppler
in stepconf-wizard you have parameters like steptime stepspace dirtime and jitter

in combination of that it calculates max velocity and speed (i think so)

you can compleet stepconf-wizard and modify direct in the ini.file

good luck

(i'm a beginner, too)

###########################
Elektronik u. Softwareentwicklung
###########################
Wolftec GmbH
Wolfgang Beppler
Kratellen 23
DE-78355 Hohenfels-Kalkofen
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
############################

More
09 Mar 2014 21:11 #44598 by Clive S

Changes to ballscrews and wanted to try the StepConf Wizard to test what feedrate I could get now.

Tested x first and found that 20mm/s worked. Tried y after that. In the gui when testing axis, I could not select anything higher that 19.5?

So question. Is there any logic in StepConfig Wizard that sets a max possible feedrate value for the test axis gui?

Anders

I think it depends on what is the max Vel and acc when you set the axis up in stepconfig The test area in the wizard allows a range around that.
remember that if you change anything and then save it in stepconfig it will overwrite your .ini file ..Clive

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds