× Forum Header

Corner errors

More
30 Dec 2014 23:09 #54419 by jjharley
Corner errors was created by jjharley
Finished machine build using parts from previous, TB6560 3 axis driver w/ 4 axis option. Stepper motors are Nema 23, XYZ all smooth no binding.
Downloaded latest Debian + Linux CNC.
Setup using sepconfig manually with pin #s from Mach 3 that came with the driver board, test axis all operate.
Checked stepconfig with the 4 axis TB6560 presets and all were same as manual setup.
So opened several example files to test, corner errors abound on almost every one of the example files.

Question: is there some setting that I need to change to get rid of the corner errors, in stepconfig? or is it in the initial setup.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2014 01:00 #54426 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Corner errors
Hi

If you mean gouging errors, these are the result of the code you have loaded.

They occur when the tool diameter (with or without offset ) cannot cut the path described, without over cutting (gouging) into an adjacent plane.
(eg. the radius of the cutter larger than a corner radius)

It is likely you have not set your tool table yet, so you could be executing a tool change in the code to a default tool diameter, which cannot execute the move without gouging.

Would need the code you are trying to run and your configs to test this

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: jjharley

More
01 Jan 2015 02:05 #54454 by jjharley
Replied by jjharley on topic Corner errors
Thanks
also getting Joint errors concerning negative numbers.
Seems like everything is working until I load an example and try to run the gcode.
I'm thinking that this is probably a basic error I have made in the general setup, however not at the CNC now so can't help by sending anything to help.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds