× Forum Header

Motors OK in Stepconf -no response in LinuxCNC

More
22 Mar 2015 07:54 #57083 by TwoFeetDown
Real CNC newbie here (practically unborn:)
I'm nearing the completion of my first CNC and am using LinuxCNC and a motor/controller/power supply kit I bought from Stepperonline that has TB6600 drivers.
(You sure don't get much documentation with it!)
I can get the motors to move while testing them in Stepconf but I cannot get any movement out of them when running a sample in LinuxCNC. The simulation does move so the program is executing the instructions.
I'd love it if I could get pointed in the right direction while I still have some hair left.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2015 09:13 #57084 by Todd Zuercher
Not properly configuring the drive enable signal seems to be a fairly common mistake made by beginners. If you search the forums I am sure that you will find several threads discussing this same problem (I believe some even using the same drivers.) I am also pretty sure that there are several versions of those drivers, each having their own peculiarities. Beyond that I am afraid I can't be a lot more help on this subject.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwoFeetDown

More
22 Mar 2015 09:29 #57086 by TwoFeetDown
Thanks Todd. I appreciate your rapid response.
I did stumble onto the drive enable issue while trying to test in Stepconf as they did not respond until I enabled them.
I've been wondering if there may be an issue with the limit and/or homing signals. I'll keep looking and experimenting. I was happy just to get the motors to respond to a signal from the computer today.

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds