Need help with PWM settings in stepconf

• bschiett
  • bschiett's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Apr 2015 17:51 - 18 Apr 2015 18:08 #57878 by bschiett
Need help with PWM settings in stepconf was created by bschiett
Hi all!

I'm new to the forum. I am building a CNC router with benezan electronics breakout board which is hooked up to a VFD drive (Hitachi WJ200 1.5kW, 1 ph 220V). The drive is hooked up to an ELTE spindle (3ph 220V 1.1kW, 24.000 RPM, 400Hz).

I managed to set up the PWM and spindle on pins in stepconf, and when I start linuxcnc and run the axis demo program (which carves linuxcnc text), the VFD goes from 350 to 400Hz and I have the impression the spindle spins up to full speed (24.000 RPM) ....

From what I can see the axis demo program has a setting to set the spindle to 10.000 RPM. So I guess that adjusting the spindle RPM using one of the sliders in the GUI won't do anything?
I tried that but I didn't notice any effect on the RPM.

My question: What settings should I use for the PWM in the stepconf wizard? I haven't changed anything there, I just used the default settings.... in the benezan breakout manual they say PWM freq needs to be at least 45Hz because of the 45kHz kernel (?).

The benezan breakout board outputs a voltage between 0 and 10V depending on the PWM signal coming from linuxcnc. That voltage is output to the VFD.

I'm clueless as how to correctly config the spindle so I get the correct RPM and how to make sure that the spindle is actually running at the correct RPM ... any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
B
Last edit: 18 Apr 2015 18:08 by bschiett.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2015 00:06 #57945 by cmorley
If you have a volt meter connect it to the output of the breakout board.
Then check the output range as you set rpm speeds in linuxcnc.

or do this:
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/getting-s...-spindle-calibration

Which is really the same thing.

Chris M
The following user(s) said Thank You: bschiett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds