× Forum Header

synchronisation problem when using M3 command

More
07 May 2015 16:38 #58474 by andypugh
If you are using Axis does the graphical preview appear correct?

Is it always the Y axis that has the problem?

If this is a 4-axis board you could switch the Y axis to the 4th channel and see if that helps (you just need to alter the parallel port pin numbers in the HAL file)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2015 16:51 #58475 by devlies
@andypugh I will try your suggestion. But still when M3 S1 is used the Y axis seems correct and when M3 S1000 is used the Y seems to fail ? It feels like the linux or the computer has calculation problems with high M3 S values. But still trying and thanks a lot.....

More
07 May 2015 17:06 #58477 by andypugh

But still when M3 S1 is used the Y axis seems correct and when M3 S1000 is used the Y seems to fail ? It feels like the linux or the computer has calculation problems with high M3 S values. But still trying and thanks a lot.....

This is easy to test, change the pwmgen.0.scale value so that S1 = full speed. Then I suspect that you will see exactly the same effect at S1 as you see now at S1000.

I am convinced that if there was an interaction between spindle speed and the Y-axis in the software that it would have been noticed by now...

More
07 May 2015 18:51 #58478 by devlies
@andy thanks a lot !!!!!
we changed the Y axis to the A axis connections on the breakoutboard and it seems much better. Thanks again for your insight.

Pieter Devlies
vives technical college
Ostend
Belgium

More
07 May 2015 21:31 #58484 by devlies
@andy thanks a lot !!!!!
we changed the Y axis to the A axis connections on the breakoutboard and it seems much better. Thanks again for your insight.

Pieter Devlies
vives technical college
Ostend
Belgium

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds