Remora on FlexiHAL

More
14 Sep 2023 03:25 - 14 Sep 2023 03:35 #280699 by drewnabobber
We have had SPI Remora working on FlexiHAL for a while.  But now I have started porting the RP2040 updates to Remora-ethernet over to the FlexiHAL to work with the little ethernet module that we did for it.  Lots of stuff from the existing STM32 Remora Ethernet stuff, as well as the DMA support from GRBLHAL all in there.  Probably left some hard-coded stuff in there as I got it up and running but will try to move that stuff to #ifdefs so that the code is useful for other STM32F4xx boards; all of the various config info for all of the supported GRBLHAL boards (there are many) is still in there.

github.com/Expatria-Technologies/Remora-STM32F4xx-W5500

Comes out of estop and can move the machine around pretty well.  Just need to update the config (TFTP mode) with the rest of the Flexi pins and get the encoder working.  Similar jitter results to where we got to with the RP2040 but with a faster base thread.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2023 03:35 by drewnabobber.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cakeslob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2023 18:44 #280763 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic Remora on FlexiHAL
This is the Remora Ethernet over SPI via W5500 adapter version
For those that havent seen the Flexi-hal hardware before, it is worth a look. Its like the proper CNC version of original remora without the 3d printer stuff.

Thanks Drew, I look forward to working with it...(and constantly asking questions about it)

More
14 Sep 2023 20:54 #280782 by scotta
Replied by scotta on topic Remora on FlexiHAL
Love it! Great to see Remora supporting more hardware and the improvements made for one port making it into others.

Cakeslob, we'll need to look at the ping pong buffer improvements into the Mbed OS6 based versions.

More
24 Sep 2023 01:27 #281523 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic Remora on FlexiHAL

Love it! Great to see Remora supporting more hardware and the improvements made for one port making it into others.

Cakeslob, we'll need to look at the ping pong buffer improvements into the Mbed OS6 based versions.

Looking into it and trying to understand it. Ive been trying to work with the new ethernet branch as well but there is a steep learning curve for these new branches compared to the Mbed version, and I am a bit stuck. I apologize, but I am not too good with computers.

I have most of the other improvements back ported to the mbed version, but I need to resolve an issue I am having with the stepgen enable pin. I would like to make that optional in the stepgen module in the mbed firmware, but I do not know how. Once I figure that out, all the components will be in sync and I can update the docs so everything will be the same.

Speaking of the docs, I have started work on integrating the ethernet portions to the docs. I can do most of it, but I am very unfamiliar with the NVEM portions, and the process involved.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds