Inquiry regarding the 40PIN GPIO used as a driver.

More
15 Oct 2023 06:41 #283037 by MakerYang
Recently, I've been paying attention to the project "LinuxCNC + Orange Pi (allwincnc)". It utilizes the Orange Pi development board's 40PIN+ARISC custom component to achieve hardware control. My own development board is quite similar to the Orange Pi and also has a 40PIN interface. 
I've been studying their approach recently, hoping to add support for ARISC to my own development board:

1. I believe that by improving the api.h and arisc.c source code, and then modifying the HAL-related settings, I should be able to use it on my board, correct?

2. I noticed that their installation script seems to involve arisc-fw.code. I'm not sure if I need this step?

I'm hoping to get guidance and assistance from everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2023 07:20 - 15 Oct 2023 07:22 #283040 by MakerYang
Some of the things I've tried so far:
root@armcnc:/opt/armcnc/drivers/rdk_x3/arisc# ls -al
total 64
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  4096 Oct 14 22:28 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root  4096 Oct 14 22:28 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 23668 Oct 13 20:45 api.h
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 32540 Oct 13 20:45 arisc.c
root@armcnc:/opt/armcnc/drivers/rdk_x3/arisc# sudo halcompile --install arisc.c | grep Linking
Linking arisc.so
root@armcnc:/opt/armcnc/drivers/rdk_x3/arisc# sudo -u armcnc linuxcnc /opt/armcnc/configs/default_xyz/machine.ini
LINUXCNC - 2.9.0~pre1+git20230208.f1270d6ed7
Machine configuration directory is '/opt/armcnc/configs/default_xyz'
Machine configuration file is 'machine.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
linuxcnc TPMOD=tpmod HOMEMOD=homemod EMCMOT=motmod
Note: Using POSIX realtime
Found file(REL): ./machine.hal
Waiting for component 'arisc' to become ready........................................

It keeps showing 'Waiting for component 'arisc' to become ready..................................................................................' and no new information appears.

Before the steps mentioned above, I did not perform any RISC-MCU related processes (perhaps my development board does not support RISC-MCU).
Judging from the latest message, it might be due to the configuration in the HAL not matching my development board's GPIO. If this is the only reason, then the issue becomes simple. I just need to modify the configurations in the HAL file. If there are other factors causing this problem, it could indeed be an issue with the RISC-MCU. In that case, I would need to contact the chip manufacturer for confirmation and resolution.
Last edit: 15 Oct 2023 07:22 by MakerYang.

More
15 Oct 2023 11:47 #283055 by rodw
I just posted this link on yout other thread. It may help. Its meant to be generic across platforms but I have no idea.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/drivers/hal_gpio.html

More
15 Oct 2023 13:25 #283069 by MakerYang
I might need to rewrite this driver, is its corresponding source code available here? github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/v2.9.0...rivers/hal_pi_gpio.c

More
15 Oct 2023 20:02 #283090 by rodw
Seems like they are about to release a new version right now.
I would probably use this branch
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/v2.10....rivers/hal_pi_gpio.c
(I am not seeing master branch right now)

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds