Getting the touchscreen to work

More
21 Jan 2024 23:25 #291290 by KpAtch3s
So on a fresh install of linuxcnc 2.9 touchscreen works out of the box, but when doing an install of debian 12.4 with xfce I can't get it to work. Is there something from the linuxcnc distribution that I can add to my debian 12 install to make it work? Don't need anything fancing, just single point and click would be fine for probe basic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2024 18:01 #291352 by Unlogic
What type of screen are you using?

More
22 Jan 2024 19:37 #291361 by KpAtch3s
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MVN2CBY/ref..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not really sure what's going on any longer. I decided to go back to the 2.9 linuxcnc install because from a debian12.4 install it wouldn't open my config file, figured at least the touch screen would work. Then I got curious and tried to install probe basic from linuxcnc 2.9 install on my vm box, even though the docs say you should start from debian, and the probe basic install worked. So fresh install of linuxcnc 2.9, but the touch screen isn't working now.

Just tried to install xinput, but that's failing from both terminal and synaptic. About to give up, lol.

More
22 Jan 2024 22:12 #291372 by KpAtch3s
At this point this should be moved to computer/os.

Just moved the computer from the office to the garage with the machine and the touch screen started working on its own.

More
23 Jan 2024 06:54 #291393 by tommylight
Moved.
Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds