get actual world or joint position on remap gcode

More
07 Feb 2024 21:17 #292785 by bkt
the point: use of switchkins. It's great, but it becomes very laborious to switch from joint mode to world and vice versa, if you have to check the landing point every time.... it becomes difficult to use the code via variables and parameters..... so I would like to write a re -map gcode or at least an Mcode (which however is slower for the interpreter) to read the exact position in joint and in wold every time you switch from one to the other without having to write the point in both ways.... how you can do it or where to check to be able to write it
? in short, any suggestion at least to begin with is welcome....

regards
bkt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2024 21:32 #292788 by andypugh
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
07 Feb 2024 21:52 - 07 Feb 2024 21:56 #292790 by bkt
thanks .... so easy to add that to m128 and m129 code to automate that ...
regards
bkt
Last edit: 07 Feb 2024 21:56 by bkt.

More
09 Feb 2024 10:02 #292923 by bkt
refer to these problem I use for first time as test these halui command:
net hal_ax_pos_0 halui.axis.x.pos-relative
net hal_j_pos_0 halui.axis.x.pos-feedback

seems halui.axis.x.pos-relative means world coodinates .... but because is write as "realtive" these means if use G54 or G55 I see only coordinated G54 or G55 related??

There are command for #<_abs_x> to use in hal file? Or need to implement that pin on custom kinematics?

regards

More
09 Feb 2024 12:23 #292933 by Aciera
'pos-relative' is what you see in the DRO (ie includes all offsets)
'pos-feedback' is the absolute position
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
14 Feb 2024 08:18 #293303 by bkt
pehaps I made a soubroutine usinf #<_x> (for example) position as value for world and joint mode too using switchkins ..... and it work perfect I can switch to joint, moove in some point whitout know nothing about world coord, than switch to world mode again whitout issue ... pherhaps connecting kinematiks type pin is possible stop program in any point whitout problem regards if makine is on joint mode or world mode .... is possible modify velocity mode in relation to kinematics type pin .... switchkins is not able to set joint mode in manual mode .... only switch kinematics to control joint instead world ... so stop gcode in random point without connect necessary pin for velocity and set again a new switch kins can be a problem.

But switch kins work in mdi too ... so is a fantastic features for robotics .... for sure need to adapt to every robot geometry ... but these is logical.

P.S.: I add on scarakins.c 1 pin for revert geometry from hal pin or in automatic mode when from joint mode we reach certain condition ... like joint[1] become negative .... but can be other .... it work great .... think 2 or 3 day of test on my real makine after I share here ... can be adopt as patch for how have these problem (make a modern scara robot) .... I work on kins for modern z slider..... using old learn of andypugh for a delta 4-5 axis ...

More
14 Feb 2024 08:27 #293304 by Aciera

But switch kins work in mdi too ... so is a fantastic features for robotics ....

I agree, it's a great feature.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds