load gcode file from python

More
30 Oct 2017 07:25 #101001 by albova
hi,
I did a python program that should load a gcode.ngc using the linuxcnc.command commands. The program is launched from M100 with a button defined in Axis. It works, it only has a problem: it does not update the Axis graphic part or even the list below. If I start the program, it runs correctly with the uploaded file. What did I forget?

Alessandro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2017 13:31 #101058 by andypugh
You are already "in" Python, so it looks like this approach will be fairly easy.

forum.linuxcnc.org/21-axis/29552-reload-...h-pin?start=20#61763

(shell-out to the axis-remote command to force refresh)

More
01 Nov 2017 08:33 #101105 by albova
Replied by albova on topic load gcode file from python
Hi Andy,
I tried to reload the program with the axis tab but the program that is loaded is the one before writing the program done with the python. I think even using axis-remote --reload, the result is the same. In the Axis status window, I see correctly the program that I produced with the python, but with the reload, go back to the previous one. Some idea ?
Ale

More
01 Nov 2017 09:24 #101109 by albova
Replied by albova on topic load gcode file from python
Good news,
instead of the linuxcnc.command() "program_open" statement, I used to load the file, os.system ("axis-remote file.ngc") in the python program. So it works. I did not understand the difference between linuxcnc program_open file and axis-remote. The first one does not show the gcode in axis even if it runs it correctly, the second shows it and executes it.
Regards
Ale

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds