Probe panel for Axis GUI

More
14 Nov 2023 14:10 #285381 by ckuecker
Replied by ckuecker on topic Probe panel for Axis GUI
Found the message - need to select the tool first - get message "no tool, aborting"
Looks like something is getting stuck in a loop - select tool 1, enable calibration - now I can't jog any axis. Have to exit LinuxCNC and restart to get control back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2023 22:47 #285435 by ckuecker
Replied by ckuecker on topic Probe panel for Axis GUI
One more note - if I enable calibration, the MDI panel is inactive, and can't be recovered without restarting LinuxCNC.

More
23 Dec 2023 22:30 #288950 by petmakris
Replied by petmakris on topic Probe panel for Axis GUI

Hi,

some weeks ago we decided to write a simple probe add-in that works regardless of the LinuxCNC version you use. The panel itself is a simple PyVCP which calls the macros through the halui section of your ini file. In other words: It's not more than a few lines XML and some nc files.

We tried to keep it as simple as possible so there is not much more than the basic functions of a probe add-in. You can use up to three different probe tools which needs to be added to your tool table since the calibration will store the data in the tool table, too. As long as any of the probe tools is active, spindle-inhibit is true so there is no risk of spooling your probe wire by accidently pusing the wrong button while probing.

All hal components are loaded in a seperate hal file so als you need to edit at your running configuration are a few lines of your ini.

Download: github.com/hausen8/EasyProbe

Screenshot of the probe panel:

Repeat accuracy of probing the ring gauge after calibration:

Regards,
Tilman

I might try this in the next few days. I say default branch is v1.3, but v2.0 exists as well. Which branch do you suggest to get the code from?

Time to create page: 0.607 seconds