Industrial Laser Cutter with AC servos Retrofit - Mesa boards

More
05 Dec 2016 23:47 #83705 by PanagiotisZ
Hello everyone!

A couple of months I opened a topic about ac servo drive compatibility with linuxcnc. It's time to make some progress on that project so I open this new topic to describe more accurately my project ask further questions.

The machine i m working on is an old 4-axis laser cutter that uses NUM 3-phase AC BMH Servos, driven by NUM servomac Monodrives. The original system was controlled via plc which is no longer available. My project is about controlling the motion (just the motion of the 3 axes, XYZ and maybe the 4th one if possible, the laser system is a whole other story) with linuxcnc.

The servo drives use +-10V analog control (no step/dir), so I am thinking of ordering the plug n' go kit 5i25 & 7i77 from mesa electronics to interface to a pc that runs linuxcnc.

Is there any reason why these boards wouldn't work? Something in particular I should check before ordering?

I m not uploading any photos for the time being so as not to encumber the post, or give unnecessary info, but I will if anyone asks!

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2016 02:59 #83708 by Todd Zuercher
Those Mesa boards are quite good and should work well for that application.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PanagiotisZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds