Servo drive recommendation / advice

More
13 Dec 2016 23:17 #84065 by emcPT
On a very recent retrofit of a VMC that we made using linuxcnc, we were able to use the existing servo drives to control 5 servo motors + spindle drive. Machine was working very well, but the servo drive "package" started to randomly fail at start and now it seems that the drives are totally unusable. Currently setup have x2 7i77 (analog velocity control), that I would like to keep.

In this situation I normally use Argon servo drives as I resell them and I have a good know how to apply them and a standard VFD to control the spindle drive. I can do this for 4 axis as the servo motors "fit" on the power range of the servo drives, but the machine have a large vertical Z servo drive, where I would like to know where can I buy a compatible servo drive. Analog input is a must with standard 2 channels encoder feedback.

Servo motor specifications are:

AC 3 phases
32A
32Nm
360V

I would like to buy a new drive to avoid future problems, but I can also consider a used one.

Thank you for any comments.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2016 02:20 #84069 by Todd Zuercher
Is that 360v AC input? I like AMC drives, New stuff is a little expencive, but used and new old stock (discontinued) drives can be picked up pretty cheep. They have drives that can handle up to 100A peak and 50A continuous.
www.a-m-c.com/products/dpr.html
(I've only bought them off of e-bay)
The following user(s) said Thank You: emcPT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds