7i95 Configuration Tool Firmware

More
02 May 2021 16:40 #207651 by Pro_El
Great tool, i am mostly existed for 7i95 Conf tool ,
Sometimes i would like to drive it with step dir, But there is bit file with 3 PWM dir and 3 step dir, And maybe PCW will make and PWM only pins on expansion port. This open a lot of possibilities from this card. This is link with 3 PWM/DIR.
forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/3789...i95?start=130#195547
is there chance to configure for PWM/ Dir with 7i95?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2021 20:28 #207673 by BigJohnT
I've got a copy of the firmware now and I'll see about adding that in.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pro_El

More
21 Dec 2021 18:34 #229641 by piflixe
Hello! I am trying to set up different machines using the 7i95, 7i96 and 7i97 mesa cards, I saw that you posted about adding a configuration wizard to linuxcnc. Also I saw the github ticket that support for the new family of ethernet mesa cards was merged to the stable branch of linuxcnc 2.8.X

I wanted to start setting up the 7i95 for our 3 axes CNC mill. I have installed linuxcnc 2.8.11 from the iso image with debian 10 and the preempt rt kernel. I hooked up the mesa card and can ping it. Unfortunately, I am a bit stuck creating a machine configuration. I thought it would simply show up in the pncconf wizard but this is not the case.

Could you maybe share the configurations and how to set up a linuxcnc configuration with them?

More
22 Dec 2021 12:54 #229722 by BigJohnT
Not sure where you saw a post about me adding my configuration tools to LinuxCNC?

My configuration tools are separate from LinuxCNC and can be found here
gnipsel.com/mesa/index.html

Chris's tool pncconf is part of LinuxCNC.

JT

More
22 Dec 2021 21:08 #229761 by piflixe
Dear JT,

thanks so much for sharing! I actually came across the gnipsel webpage during my research when researching and planning for the retrofits.

Do you happen to have any tools to set up the 7i97 (for servo drives with analog inputs)?

Kind regards,
Felix

More
22 Dec 2021 22:05 #229767 by PCW
There is a sample 7I97 configuration here:

freeby.mesanet.com/basic7i97.zip

More
29 Dec 2021 20:51 #230277 by piflixe
Dear JT!
I am trying to get the board up and running using your configuration tool. Somehow it crashes when I try to enable the spindle in the spindle tab. There is some help text saying that 4 axis and PWM is required but I can't read the text completely because of formatting issues.

Could you please give me a hint on how to set it up for PWM / spindle enable control of my Vfd? I only have CW direction and analog input for speed so I added a low-pass to filter the PWM signal. This worked fine with the old control.

In the end, I want to use modbus to communicate with the Vfd (sourcetronic ST9000). I have found some promising references in the internet but this is more a stretch goal. Do you have any experience with that?

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds