LZ3a-30LM Drive wiring to control board

More
22 Dec 2021 05:45 - 22 Dec 2021 05:47 #229698 by Tatar
 Hi all,   First of all i don't know anything about electronics.So my question might look stupid.Sorry for that in advance.:)  

I have a 2007 made 3 axis old CNC.The servo control board is attached to the ISA slot.A friend gave me a servo drive and a AC servo motor a while ago.I am wondering if i can use it as a 4th axis on my CNC.  

Servo drive and the AC servo motor runs ok.I managed to to make some of the configs that has been said in the user manual.  On the picture a have attached, the left side of the red line is the control output diagram and the right side is the servo diagram.

Can anyone help me out about the wiring.Like which pins should be connected .I don't know even if its that easy or not.So any help will be much appreciated.Thanks in advance to all.
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Dec 2021 05:47 by Tatar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2021 14:42 - 22 Dec 2021 14:46 #229731 by Todd Zuercher
Are you wanting to use Linuxcnc with this board? Finding a PC with an ISA card that will run current versions of Linuxcnc (and it's required OS) might be a bit of a trick.  Are you sure it's an ISA card?  (They were obsolete long before 2007.)  Do you know what kind of servo control board you have? If you don't know what it is, could you post some good photos of it, maybe someone will recognize it.

The diagram you posted of the drive wiring schematics, indicate that the drive is capable of multiple different control input options. Each would require different wiring. Which control wiring option you would need to use will depend on the control option supported by your interface board you use in your PC. (Hence why we need more info about your card before we can help you much.)
Last edit: 22 Dec 2021 14:46 by Todd Zuercher.

More
23 Dec 2021 11:26 - 23 Dec 2021 11:31 #229804 by Tatar

Thank you for your response Mr.Zuercher.   The company closed a while ago i couldn't get any info about the control board.As far as i know some Chinese make board.I take it out of the motherboard and took some pictures.All i know is that which cable is for what in use. Except one socket.Below i attached some pictures of the control board , the ISA motherboard and socket that is not in use but shorted. As i said i dont know much about electronics thats why i really don't know what kind of info i have to provide to get help.I hope you guys can help me about this.
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Dec 2021 11:31 by Tatar.

More
23 Dec 2021 13:42 #229807 by Todd Zuercher
What brand of control was using this board?

It doesn't look like anything I've ever seen that is or was supported by Linuxcnc. So it is looking like your best option, if you want to use Linuxcnc, will be to replace it with something from Mesa (but which ones will depend on how your existing axis hardware is controlled.). Switching to Linuxcnc is the best hope of getting much useful help here to make this happen.

If you are going to try to use the old control system, you are probably going to need to find some documentation on it, to figure out how to properly configure the fourth axis. Failing that, you still might not be without hope, but it is going to be much harder. If the configuration settings of the control software are easily set by an end user and intuitive, you may be able to glean what needs set up and how by looking at how the existing axis are configured. But doing so will likely require you or whomever you hire to do the work to have some idea of what they are doing. Google is your friend, you will be amazed how much information you can often find on the most obscure things.

More
23 Dec 2021 17:01 #229819 by Tatar
  Well, atleast i tried.Thank you very much again for your effort Mr.Zuercher. The technology on the machine is very old like you said.But i like the construction of the cnc .1,5 Ton beast and very fast.Maybe i should consider change all the electronics with new ones.
    Thanks alot.
    Best regards

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds