trouble with rapid overrides - version 2.7.8

More
13 Dec 2016 14:42 #84039 by Henk
The switch is a 4 position switch with two signals (0-0, 0-1, 1-0, 1-1, not necessarily in that order). c and d inputs are not used but they are in HAL purely because I copied from the spindle and feed overrides. The c and d inputs are thus always false and don't affect the output.

Coming back to the original problem, how is it that the slider on Axis GUI responds in the required manner but this doesn't affect the G0 speed?

Henk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2016 15:52 #84040 by Todd Zuercher
Ok, maybe i've found something, what's in your ini file?

It appears that the % Rapid-Override, is calculated from the max velocity of each axis not from the max linear velocity in the Traj section of the ini. I was getting some odd behavior in an example simulation, where the traj max linear velocity was a lot lower than the max velocity of the axis. So the Rapid Override slider in the axis window gave the same speed from 25-100%, because the Traj max linear velocity was 25% of the max velocities of the joints.
So for a Cartesian machine to get the % Max Override to work correctly for all possible moves, you need to set the max linear velocity in the traj section of the ini to at least the square root of the sum of the square of the max velocities of each axis. So if the max velocity of x y and z are 4 the traj max linear velocity should be about 7. Then it all seems to work.

More
13 Dec 2016 17:05 #84045 by Henk
Thanks Todd

That solved the problem. Corrected the INI max velocities according to what you suggested and it works fine now.

Much appreciated

Henk

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds