Password LiveCD Debian

More
28 Jan 2017 08:28 #86828 by IPlotnikov
Hello everybody!
What is the password of the user account (username - "user') LiveCD Debian (LinuxCNC 2.7.8)? I must enter it when the screen saver appears. Or I logout and then login.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2017 17:32 #86844 by cncnoob1979
Replied by cncnoob1979 on topic Password LiveCD Debian
Are you asking when in the "live" cd trying it out? Or after you have installed the live cd?

IF after the installation user would be your username you set up and the password you chose.

I have never seen a password protected live cd screen saver when just running the live cd... A quick fix I would try is to disable the screen saver while running it live.

More
28 Jan 2017 19:28 #86853 by IPlotnikov
Replied by IPlotnikov on topic Password LiveCD Debian
I did not install LinuxCNC on flash-drive. I recorded (dd if=linuxcnc-2.7-wheezy.iso of=/dev/sde) LinuxCNC 2.7.8 on the flash-drive and run it. Screen saver appears when I close the lid and then open it. I can disable the screen saver and I did it, but it's not work. I think, because the power is turned off, and the information from the memory is erased, then the restoration work going on with the stick, but the information is not recorded on it.

I tried to create the file on the flash-drive, then restart and the file was not there.

More
29 Jan 2017 05:10 #86881 by cncnoob1979
Replied by cncnoob1979 on topic Password LiveCD Debian
You would need to do a local install or have to configure it to work the way you intend.

The live cd is setup for ram disk I'm pretty sure so not persistent.

Best way would be to just install it.

As far as configuring a clone live cd running locally I'm not sure how to help you there.

More
31 Jan 2017 01:37 #87026 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Password LiveCD Debian
Just a thought.
Wheezy is asking for the username when it gives the "login" prompt. Caught me out.

More
07 Jun 2018 12:08 #111864 by pi.r
Replied by pi.r on topic Password LiveCD Debian
The password is "live".

Tested in LinixCNC 2.7-wheezy live-cd

Found it from the debian stretch live-cd:
github.com/LinuxCNC/stretch-live-build

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds