Tool breakage detection system

More
10 Jan 2024 09:35 #290343 by besriworld
Is there anything new on the topic? For many cases, the spindle load limit is sufficient.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2024 13:59 #291889 by RBCnc
ive always looked at this problem like on a long run you have enough xp to know this 1/16 ball nose is gonna last 30 mins in this unobtanium. so you have a breakpoint where tool is probed on the way out if its off by .xxxx call it worn go get next spare tool. continue program if probing shows its missing half the tool then m30. like you want to know the drill is still there before the reamer goes in hole.

i program lights out horizontal cell we try to keep it simple let the machine do the thinking.

but the local kennametal rep had this whizz bang box that he put a few magnetic probes on an old haas that's been making same part for 20 years and it figured out the harmonics gave a feed and speed adjustment and got a 5% better cycle time. that area is out of my circus but walking by it it sounds great in the cut. that box can also sense tool breakage so contact your local kennnametal rep and ask him for the secret sauce. this is what the day shift programmer told me. we spend high 5 figs with kennametal a year the rep comes when we call. goodluck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds