Method of Controlling Dust Collector for CNC Router

More
11 Feb 2021 13:39 #198394 by Todd Zuercher
The bag house has a couple of blow out panels held on with nylon bolts for just in case. Then there is also a Grecon spark detection system and sprinkler heads. If there is a spark detected on the dirty side of the bag house there is also a trap door that will close off all of the return air from going into the building and diverts it outside. (We've never detected sparks on that part of the system.) Where we have the most trouble with detecting sparks is on the dust transfer loop between the bag house and silo. Any metal hardware that gets into the system will often throw sparks when they hit the impeller blade of the 15hp fan. The problem is compounded by the fact that larger pieces of metal (such as a 3/8" bolt 1" long for example) are too heavy to make it to the top of the silo and fall back down into the fan again and again throwing sparks with every impact. Adding some large magnetic traps has helped. While we have detected many sparks over the years in that loop we've never had an "explosion". While I can't say if they Grecon system has prevented any explosions or fires (it sprays an amount of water with every detected spark.) We did run the system for 5-6 years without the Grecon system or any fire suppression hooked up without any problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike_Eitel, tommylight, anfänger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2021 10:23 #198660 by Mike_Eitel
THX.
Have to admit that I did not know GreCon. Seems a good company.
Mike

More
14 Feb 2021 12:41 #198801 by aleksamc
I read your topic and remember my experiance of downgrade of factory of fluff production in 2019.
There was a lot of tubes for transferring the fluff.
On the side where fluff was already dried there was places with neodim magnets (I don't remember if on 4 sides they was) to catch metal parts. You can open that part and to clear magnets.
I didn't remember there any water connections to distinguish fire.
That factory has very good system for fire protection.
All tubes has valves and if firealarm enables all tubes close.
Also all lifts and windows and ventilation are close to reduce airdraught.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds