how to add cnc part using linuxcnc and mesa boart to pulse edm from book ?

More
06 Dec 2020 10:23 #191213 by cvrkan
ben's book is older one i think if he write book right now hwe will 100% use linuxcnc and modern controllers like mesa
i source most of components for edm machine
i hope i got right psu's in my shopping basket
(on eu 220v not usa 110v that part bugg me long time mif anyone from eu side got tip which one's work 100% help :) )
from hw part have load of steppers and alu extrusions mave welding machine and in fab i can "source" load of steel if needed

so i wonder if anyone know some project that have drawings to easy up building it
or how to setup mesa & linuxcnc with one stepper to act like spindle to rotate electrode
one up/down ,and x/y in bath to move bed if i need drill holes on different sides
so 4 steppers in all one i think will be hybrid to have encoder (one for spindle)
anyone make one to work ?

i read here posts from 2017/18/19
i read mailing from old board but all will did one but i got nothing from it
i know this sound all confusing and it is
i cant even force my selph to buy psu's cause these was not in book
i'm rly bad at thinkering something but good at reading blueprints
so can someone help ??

i want to build sink/pulse edm to be used on my hobby and plan is building full metal rc
out of blueprints or drawings of real vehicles ,and mill is good but sieg x3 is not for these kind precisions
(maybe if i turn her in to cnc but ?? too expensive for just test)
and agan can someone help me ?
biig thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2020 16:17 #191228 by tommylight
Bog stari,
Since version 2.8 and 2.9 or Master of LinuxCNC now have external offsets and reverse run, doing whatever EDM should be quite easy.
If you are looking for plans on how to build a sinker EDM, i do not know where to find them and i would not bother with it, just spend some time on youtube and watch how the big boys do it, then try to replicate something in a smaller scale.
Either way you look at it, if you do not start building something, it will never get done. I have seen way to many failed attempts from people searching for plans, and even if they get some kind of plans most of the time they will be lacking and not properly done, and that leads to a lot of frustration and ultimately will end up in failure.
Start building something, whatever, and never expect to be successful on the first attempt.
Here is something to get you started:
www.google.com/search?ei=1gPNX6GfBMT5kgX...0FAYsQ4dUDCAw&uact=5

More
06 Dec 2020 17:16 - 06 Dec 2020 17:20 #191239 by cvrkan
i watch yt videos in like last 2-3 months
i can do hw for cnc parts loooad of built x y z axis on ebay
like these
www.ebay.com/itm/60-100-150-400mm-CNC-Z-...4:g:95YAAOSwGllaWCsm
and alu extrusions to build frame and plastic bucket for part slap filter
on pump and hw part is done
problem how i see it was how to set linuxcnc for mesa board
thinking maybe to get 7I96 board and to set 4 steppers 1 to act like spindle and 3 homing sensors
how to set that in linuxcnc ?
is there some examples for 2.9 edm and mesa boards ?
thanks
oh and can i buy usa 110v toroidal transformer from book and just add 220v to 110v stepdown thing ?
Last edit: 06 Dec 2020 17:20 by cvrkan.

More
06 Dec 2020 17:57 - 06 Dec 2020 17:58 #191240 by Aciera
If the american plan calls for a transformer of 110Volts to xVolts then you want to look for a transformer of 240V to xVolts if you are located in Europe. You want the secondary Voltage to be the same as in the plans and the primary needs to match your mains voltage (240V in the EU)
Last edit: 06 Dec 2020 17:58 by Aciera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cvrkan

More
06 Dec 2020 21:25 #191256 by tommylight

(240V in the EU)

Hmm ... that would be England ... or Great Britain ... or whatever they call it now. ! :)
EU has a strict 220V with +-10% swing, so not so strict after all. Oh yeah, Switzerland has 230 or 240V also.

More
07 Dec 2020 14:11 #191308 by Aciera

EU has a strict 220V with +-10% swing,

Used to be anyway. It's 230V +-10% nowadays. But in GB I have no idea. I don't think they are synchronized with the mainland.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds