Homing no longer working on Debian 10 + LinuxCNC 2.8.0 or 2.8.1

More
15 Jan 2021 10:53 #195424 by vmihalca
Hi guys,

On my controller PC I've made another partition and installed debian 10 with linuxcnc 2.8.0 initially.
What I have noticed is that randomly, the homing is not working.
Sometimes I can home without any problem, I just power on the machine, homes as it should.
But sometimes, as it happened now, I click Home All, nothing happens, and if I click again, I get a message saying "homing sequence already in progress" but the machine is not moving at all.
Initially I thought its related to my custom vcp made with qtpyvcp, but the same random behavior happens with Axis too.
Its the first time I've encountered this and don't know what to do.
Here is my ini file: github.com/85vmh/SyilX7-MindOverCNC/blob...op/SyilX7/SyilX7.ini
This is using qtpyvcp but, I've switched to Axis and I get the same error message.
Here is a picture of what I see in Axis: photos.app.goo.gl/81Dp4teRjZRokNuB7

Please advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2021 16:30 #195455 by andypugh
Is it possible that something is inhibiting axis movement? It doesn't look like anything is actually being commanded to move?

If you switch to showing "commanded position" is anything moving?

More
17 Jan 2021 10:07 #195645 by vmihalca
I have a vistacnc pendant p4s, and sometimes its firmware its not booting.
I don't know if its a coincidence or not, but last time this happened, the pendant failed to boot. Unfortunately, I cannot unplug the pendant easily, because I need to open the controller's box.
I will check next time this happens and see if these two events are linked.
Last days it worked fine.
Eventually, if you could tell me what hal pins, signals to check if this occurs again.

More
17 Jan 2021 12:53 #195656 by andypugh
Are you sure that the system works with 2.7?

You are reporting a 2.8 problem, but it is possible that this is a problem with your particular machine?

More
18 Jan 2021 15:52 #195809 by vmihalca
I am using 2.8 for a long time now, even used 2.9 pre, haven't been using 2.7 for a year now. On debian 9, with gmoccapy, I've never had this issue.
I will check if its related somehow to the vistacnc pendant that's not booting up.
Today it worked fine...

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds