Z axis limit error

More
11 Feb 2021 06:27 #198356 by suraj9735
Z axis limit error was created by suraj9735
Dear Forum,

I am not able to increase my "z" axis limit manually. I edited the .ini file increases the negative and positive z axis limit to -100 to +100.

It says your z axis touches the soft limit when I run the example program "3D_Chips.ngc". To solve this, I edited the .ini file and got the error.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2021 07:01 #198357 by suraj9735
Replied by suraj9735 on topic Z axis limit error
There is two place to change the limits and I had changed one. Now I changed both and it's working.
Attachments:

More
11 Feb 2021 07:03 #198359 by suraj9735
What is "joint 0 following error"? I am not able to run the example 3D_Chips.ngc in automatic mode.
Attachments:

More
11 Feb 2021 07:06 #198360 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Z axis limit error
You need to jog away from the axis limits and touch off before running any code. If you are sitting at X,Y = 0,0 there is not enough room for the milling cutter (or torch kerf) between the part and the machine limits so the machine will not run.

More
11 Feb 2021 11:12 #198384 by suraj9735

You need to jog away from the axis limits and touch off before running any code. If you are sitting at X,Y = 0,0 there is not enough room for the milling cutter (or torch kerf) between the part and the machine limits so the machine will not run.

I have jogged away, you can see in attached image. What value shoud I put for X, Y, Z Touch Off?

I am new and not aware with CNC G code much just have little knowledge but have to learn all.

I am able to run the MDI mode without touching the workpiece. But not able to run in automatic mode. please drop tutorial link to read more on it.
Attachments:

More
11 Feb 2021 12:50 #198386 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Z axis limit error
Just set all the touchoffs to 0

This replicates how you would work with a manual mill with a DRO .

You touch off in the X & Y direction with an edge finder and then set each DRO to zero, then move the Z down until its just touching the top surface and touch set it to 0 too.

Anyway, thats how I think of it as I do not have a CNC mill.

The reason why there you can enter a number is becaus for example my edge finder has a 6mm diameter so when I set the DRO, I set it to -3 (the diameter) because at the edge, the centre of the mill is 3mm off the material..

You can read up on G54 offsets and work coordinates in the docs. It is a bit confusing.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds