software files for ohmic and THC

More
26 May 2021 23:53 #210406 by acourtjester
I have QTPlasmaC loaded and I am getting close to finished with the setup. Question I have is are the 2 files required for Ohmic sensing and THC incorporated in the software package or do I need to load additional info? Also on the circuit diagram for the Hypersensing it shows a connection to the shield inputs connected to ground. On the other tables I built the table frame and ground were the same electrically, do I hook the table to the shield inputs of leave them unconnected?
Thanks for the help
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2021 05:45 - 27 May 2021 05:46 #210423 by phillc54
THC is included in the QtPlasmaC configuration, if you use PnCconf or StepConf to build your config then it can be setup by them.

If using a THCAD for ohmic sensing then there is an ohmic.comp component included in the LinuxCNC package which has the code example just below your diagram.
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/plas..._with_a_mesa_thcad_5
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/ohmic.9.html

I "think" the ground on the shield is not required, there are a lot of threads discussing this.

As a further option I think there is also an ohmic2.comp and an ohmic3.com floating around on the forum, what they do differently I don't really know.
Last edit: 27 May 2021 05:46 by phillc54.

More
27 May 2021 15:16 #210447 by acourtjester
Thanks Phil I still am in a learning curve but getting there with help :)

More
07 Feb 2024 19:31 #292778 by tommylight
Waited 7 days to boot the spammer, and today came back adding more posts and links.

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds