cycle start, resume and pause problem

More
26 Jan 2024 11:05 #291648 by raychar
Lately, the machine always triggers itself to have cycle start, please see attached some photo. It uses 7i76e card, can anybody help? Also, what are the alert message meaning, they always comes out. I use LinuxCNC 3 years now, previously, I used Mach3 (more than ten years). In my feeling, It is difficult to use it than Mach3 !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2024 14:08 #291657 by raychar
more photos
Attachments:

More
26 Jan 2024 14:39 #291659 by spumco
I wonder if your keyboard is acting up?  If it's not a miserable job, you might try plugging in a different keyboard and see if the error(s) go away.

More
26 Jan 2024 15:29 #291661 by tommylight
Did you by any chance plug the machine into another wall socket?
Physical buttons + wiring - ground = issues.

More
26 Jan 2024 17:51 #291669 by raychar
I addressed one physical button causing the issue, its surrounding areas have the interference issue, no way can i absolutely resolve the issue even a shield ground plate added in between them. Wire shielding issue? other key buttons share the same cable as this one uses, so ?

BTW, what are the alert message meanings why they always appear?

More
26 Jan 2024 18:02 #291671 by spumco
Just a guess without seeing your whole config, but I've had those messages when halui is calling an MDI command, and the MDI command is doing something not allowed.  Or if the MDI command is mapped to an M-code that has a problem.

In your case there's something in the background - either from Gmoccapy or something you set up - that's trying to shift from auto mode to MDI mode.

To hunt it down, open halshow and see what signal/pins are connected to halui.mode.mdi.  From that point you might be able to follow the logic back to whatever is causing an error.

Starting LCNC in a terminal and watching to see what happens before the error might be even more helpful.  If 'halui.mode.mdi' is being called by Gmoccapy via a python message (or something similar), it may not be obvious in hal what's happening.

More
07 Feb 2024 18:02 #292768 by raychar
>Thanks for your help to remind me the use of halshow/halmeter in checking. It reveals that the real problem is not the newly added hardware button but are the existing 7 hardware buttons. But, it is still strange that, those existing buttons could work properly before the newly one added.

>Those buttons are for toolchaning use. The circumstance is that, from halmeter shows, during normal non-operating state, out of the existing 7 buttons, 5 are found at false states while 2 are at true states (strangely also, why they are not shown at the same states as true ). However, these help me to find out that, there is my errors. A long time ago, i made physical change in circuitry of the button keys by going no longer pulling up or "called active low", however, i didn't do the change the setting of (net toolchange-x halui.mdi-command-0x <= hm2_7i76e.0.gpio.0xx.in_not)
to (...hm2_7i76e.0.gpio.0xx.in) 

>Furthermore, i found my toolchanging; o<change> program, has error too, one Oxxx number was used twice (in one more area)

>I haven't screen out(determine) which issue causes the problem mainly or more. And, after doing the corrections, the problem of "cycle start randomly" disappears and all goes well 

>Finally, another issue, as i have a diy wireless touch probe, i want to write a program to do the touch probe actions of: center, surface height and edge coordinates findings. For the program itself, i think i can handle, as i have done all of them in my old machine that running in Mach3. However, in LinuxCNC and Gmoccapy GUI, i don't know how to immplement in adding a new screen page and also adding some DROs and etc. Is it possible to do that?  

>Attached are a photo of the my machine that showing the layout of control panel and buttons, also, the o<change> program files, just for better understanding.
Attachments:

More
07 Feb 2024 19:29 #292777 by spumco
Glad you got the issue worked out.
 i don't know how to immplement in adding a new screen page and also adding some DROs and etc. Is it possible to do that?  

Suggest opening a new thread under Gmoccapy sub-forum for that question.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds