7i95T newb advice

More
12 Apr 2024 10:44 #298054 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic 7i95T newb advice
See PCW's post above about timings, set the both step times to 5000, save, test.
If it does not work, wiring change :
Leave dir as is for now, just do a quick test by noving the step- wire to gnd on Mesa board.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2024 03:15 #298154 by JusKeepSwimming
Replied by JusKeepSwimming on topic 7i95T newb advice
Ok I sorted it, was a setting on the driver... like an stupid one. Thanks heaps everyone, I was going to dark places there. Now I got to sort out the dual motors on 1 axis, some are jogging only one direction, and the scale is wrong. And homing. I got alot to do, briefly seen other peoples topics on these while running around in circles so I will be a while with that. Thanks heaps
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
13 Apr 2024 19:51 #298196 by zmrdko
Replied by zmrdko on topic 7i95T newb advice

Ok I sorted it, was a setting on the driver... like an stupid one. Thanks heaps everyone, I was going to dark places there. Now I got to sort out the dual motors on 1 axis, some are jogging only one direction, and the scale is wrong. And homing. I got alot to do, briefly seen other peoples topics on these while running around in circles so I will be a while with that. Thanks heaps

these are the easy things. I have dual axis and homing (with index) working here: github.com/zmrdko/mesa_7i95t_config
basically getting dual axis only takes to list two joints under one axis in ini file + you have to have all joints set up in hal file.
Jogging in one directions may be wiring issue. You should be able to jog in both directions with proper wiring. Homing is only matter of wiring input pins to home/limit pins in hal and specifying homing speeds in ini file

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds