No motor reaction

More
23 Sep 2019 21:11 #146004 by Scot
No motor reaction was created by Scot
Hello all,

I'm building a 2 axis system for a gang tool lathe, using Pico-systems PWM controller and brushless drives. I killed an encoder on one motor and decided to continue with just the single axis tuning until I get the other encoder installed. Seems pretty straight forward from what I've read and seen.

From what I gather by accounts of others, when the machine is ready for the servos to be tuned, F1 brings it out of estop, which it does. Then the amps can be powered with F2, which they are by what the LED status shows on the amps. I've also heard that there is a 50% chance of a runaway servo if it's not configured correctly in the .ini file. So I did my level best to set that file up properly.

But when I went to power on the amps, no runaway occurred. Good thing right? Not so fast. Well I expected to see some sort of reaction from the motor. It's simply not moving, dithering, humming or seeking. I can jog the graphic spindle in the Preview tab, next to the DRO tab. But there is simply no response from the motor. The shaft turns freely by hand and the encoder shows output on the DRO when the shaft is turned, in the proper directions, too. But again, nothing from that servo.

There is power to the amps, too. I've checked the terminals for the output from the power supply and they test the same voltage as the input to the amps. So the amps are powered with supply voltage.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance, folks,

Scot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2019 23:35 - 23 Sep 2019 23:35 #146013 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic No motor reaction

Hello all,

The shaft turns freely by hand and the encoder shows output on the DRO when the shaft is turned, in the proper directions, too. But again, nothing from that servo.

There is power to the amps, too. I've checked the terminals for the output from the power supply and they test the same voltage as the input to the amps. So the amps are powered with supply voltage.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance, folks,

Scot

If you can turn the shaft of the motor when out of estop and machione is on, then your drives are not enabled.
Last edit: 23 Sep 2019 23:35 by bevins.

More
23 Sep 2019 23:41 #146014 by Scot
Replied by Scot on topic No motor reaction
The drives show as enabled via their LED's. IDK what else to do.

More
24 Sep 2019 02:38 - 24 Sep 2019 02:39 #146018 by bevins

The drives show as enabled via their LED's. IDK what else to do.

When the drives are enabled and motors connected properly, you cannot turn the motor shaft by hand.

What drives and motors are you using?
Last edit: 24 Sep 2019 02:39 by bevins.

More
24 Sep 2019 13:51 #146071 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic No motor reaction
you can mesure the voltige on the DIR pin if it changes by pressing key left right
so check this by meter if signal is on and changing

some more infos on drive and Hardware used may be fine to get problems solved

More
24 Sep 2019 14:58 #146077 by bevins

you can mesure the voltige on the DIR pin if it changes by pressing key left right
so check this by meter if signal is on and changing

some more infos on drive and Hardware used may be fine to get problems solved

The drives are not enabled or the motors not connected properly. Input shouldn't matter at this point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds