hal_manualtoolchange pause before actual toolchange starts?

More
24 Jun 2023 13:27 #274176 by Faggan
Hi,

I'm struggling to figure out a problem with hal_manualtoolchange.

Every time a tool change is required i need to press cycle start before the machine moves to the change position. The Iocontrol pins are not indicating that there is a ongoing tool change until i do this. Also the tool prepare and prepared pins doesn't seem to be going to high state. Could be its so fast im missing it when looking in Hal show.

Is this the way its meant to be? If so, can i change it?

I have a short video that hopefully gives some insight to my problem:
youtube.com/shorts/QPcOwAwS40s

ini and hal files attached.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2023 08:26 - 26 Jun 2023 08:29 #274228 by GuiHue
Apparently, one cannot skip and reverse in YT shorts. It is therefore difficult to look at the gcode.

To the best of my knowledge, hal_manualtoolchange is not associated with the behaviour you have mentioned. Could you post the gcode as well? Maybe there is an M1 lurking in your code?

Uppon closer inspection: Yes, gcode has an M1 before Tx and M6 commands. Furthermore "M01 Break" is activated in your gui. You can now either, 1) adjust your post processor in your cam to not include M1 or 2) disable M01 Break. I would go for 1) as I do like to have M01 optional stop available to me.
Last edit: 26 Jun 2023 08:29 by GuiHue.

More
26 Jun 2023 08:42 #274229 by Faggan
Right you are!

I wonder why Fusion insist on putting M1 before every tool change? Except the first one it seems.

No matter, a change in the post processor will be the way to go. Cant believe i didn't catch that. Ive been so caught up in the code of the tool change lately that i didn't look elsewhere.

Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GuiHue

More
26 Jun 2023 17:00 - 26 Jun 2023 17:01 #274267 by Faggan
A small update for anyone with similar problems.

It turns out that you dont need to modify the code in the post processor for Fusion 360 to remove the M1 before each tool change but rather just uncheck "Optional Stop" in the post properties. This will remove the M1 before each tool change but you will retain the ability to add manual pauses into the program as per usual with Fusion. 

"optional stop" seems to be default on with EMC2 and EMC post processors in Fusion. 

Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jun 2023 17:01 by Faggan.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds