'Following error' as X axis travels to home offset subsequent to homing

More
06 Jul 2023 15:23 #274893 by kenthompson
I researched this issue on google + these forums and cant seem to find a solution.

My X axis has been homing without issue until today.  Now, homing completes and then triggers a 'following error' within 100mm of travel to go to the home offset.  Movements of the X axis using the jogging commands + the setup utility work without issue at speeds up to 350+ mm/s.  However, when I set my config ini to have an X max velocity in excess of 150mm/s, the following error triggers.  My work around has been to set the home offset to near of the limit switch so no travel occurs after homing completes.  

What am I missing here? This was working without issue until today- super perplexed.  Attaching HAL and INI.  Thank you!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2023 16:06 #274896 by tommylight
Missing
HOME_FINAL_VELOCITY = nn <number here
But that should not be the only cause as setting it to 0 is the same as not having it, meaning the machine will travel at max speed for the final part of homing.
Seems you have a metric machine, so FERROR = 1 and MIN_FERROR = .25 are to small, should be 10 and 1. This might just be enough to stop it having the issue.
But first, do you get latency warnings when using LinuxCNC?

More
06 Jul 2023 16:09 #274897 by PCW
That's weird, maybe something changed on the host computer to increase latency

Maybe a plot of the following error (and say joint 0 velocity) would provide a clue

More
06 Jul 2023 16:45 #274900 by kenthompson
Thanks - I will try increasing FERROR as I am running in metric and report back ASAP.  No latency warnings in linuxcnc. Just re-ran latency tester with a bunch of glxgears + youtube videos running.  I am holding at a solid sub 3K as shown below

More
06 Jul 2023 16:52 #274901 by kenthompson
Changed FERROR to 10 and MIN_FERROR to 1- still getting follow error. I also added HOME_FINAL_VELOCITY = 150 to the ini. This also did not fix the issue. Not sure what to do

More
06 Jul 2023 17:02 #274902 by kenthompson
Using the hal scope? I'm a newbie with that scope- do you have a link to the setup so I can plot it?

More
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds