linuxcncn-uspace 1:2.9 pre0 on mint repo -> update

More
23 Oct 2023 04:09 - 25 Oct 2023 21:21 #283569 by bkt
For shorter reading...

In these post describe a little adventure: work from long time over a 4.19 rt3 Mint19.3 SO, with install a Lcnc2.9 pre0 as .deb ... these .deb was created when Lcnc2.9 was not master, these because some new features at that time, 2020 .... now need to update at master Lcnc2.9 for some bug over old version .... but from 2020 and 2023 more python3 is needed so was difficult ... so  during build after ./configure command ... make command fails for yapps module, when module was really installed ... find a thread on github that help a lot and solve the issue:
sudo apt install gobject-introspection python3-gi python3-cairo-dev python3-gi-cairo
where
python3-cairo-dev python3-gi-cairo
not know need to install ...

now that SO have a success running test. After the original post.

after these need to install debhelper >= 12.2 plus dwz and libhelper-perl ... find version 13.6.1 for all ...

*************************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************************

Hi at all,

i check I have install on mint 19.03 ubuntu repo linuxcnc-uspace1:2.9 pre0 .... there are a way to upgrade to more new version with switchkins withouth change SO (better with application center .... so no other folder would be change). I upgrade mint 19 to last version possible .... After need to change SO and would not if possible ....

Regards
Last edit: 25 Oct 2023 21:21 by bkt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2023 04:52 #283574 by rodw
If you follow the methods described in the 2.9 Getting started docs to set up  your apt environment correctly, you should be able to upgrade to the latest version of 2.9 at any time by typing
sudo apt update
​​​​​​​sudo apt upgrade
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
23 Oct 2023 06:29 - 23 Oct 2023 10:25 #283578 by bkt
I know these but seems for tricia there is not upgrde about linuxcnc ... so ask for a similar solution .... I have more then one install but default is linuxcnc-uspace 1:2.9 pre0 ... So I would update for example to a fork by me dgarret branche .... because actual master may be need too mutch upgrade to my actual software ...

I can run these branche as rip-install .... but think is better if can overwrite to actual installation .... 2.9 pre0 and these branche is very similar ....
 cd linuxcnc-dev-mymaster/debian
 ./configure uspace
cd ..

But I have jet a running version installed (no rip-environment) .... and would only "update" these one if possible .... without touch any other SO folder ....

I see now, not After Sorry, 2.9 pre0 was master branches .... So my problema Is I have a pre0 2.9 install that not have switchkins end new kinematics modules ..... Just check ..... Maybe a versione 2.9 pre0 release ad not master One? Maybe because It Is install from 2020 ... Not Remember if master or not ..... Any how actual master can become and upgrade of old One on Linux Mint 19 and 4.19 rtpreempt kernel? Or Need to upgrade SO?

regards
Last edit: 23 Oct 2023 10:25 by bkt.

More
23 Oct 2023 10:38 #283590 by rodw
The other option is to download the latest deb (for 2.9 or 2.10) from the buildbot  and install with dpkg -i
buildbot2.highlab.com/

I used to do this until I worked out the apt pinning  to automate it.
I always ran apt remove linuxcnnc-uspace before installing it this way.

More
23 Oct 2023 22:12 #283642 by bkt
I learned somethings of new today .... thanks never see buildbot sites ....
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
24 Oct 2023 00:26 #283647 by rodw

I learned somethings of new today .... thanks never see buildbot sites ....

Shhh, its a secret! didn't you read the title?  
This is set up to be a repository so it is possible to set up apt to give this site a higher priority over the debian repository.
This is covered in the getting linuxcnc docs for 2.9
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/getting-start...an_bookworm_x86_only
But its all done for you in my latest ISO which is stickied on the installing linuxcnc section. This should be the final  ISO that will be used for the 2.9.1 release which is pending.

More
25 Oct 2023 09:29 #283785 by bkt
lost in a glass of water ... sometime happens ... too old and few time for all .... anyway I'm with the enemy .... Ubuntu (mint in these case) .... .... I know your preferences on debian SO, and preferences of most part of comunity.

Any how because havely patched so have some problem with yapps lib. I've yapps and yapps2, old 2.9 pre0 (2020) accept my libs, yapps, yapps2, python 2.7 and python3 3.6.9 .... actual master seems not
Creating shared library liblinuxcnchal.so.0
ln -sf liblinuxcnchal.so.0 ../lib/liblinuxcnchal.so
Creating shared library libnml.so.0
ln -sf libnml.so.0 ../lib/libnml.so
Compiling rtapi/uspace_rtapi_app.cc
Compiling rtapi/uspace_rtapi_parport.cc
Compiling rtapi/uspace_rtapi_string.c
Compiling rtapi/rtapi_pci.cc
Linking rtapi_app
Compiling rtapi/uspace_xenomai.cc
Linking libuspace-xenomai.so.0
ln -sf libuspace-xenomai.so.0 ../lib/libuspace-xenomai.so
Syntax checking python script halcompile
Copying python script halcompile
Making halcompile manpage abs.9
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../bin/halcompile", line 22, in <module>
    from yapps import runtime
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'yapps'
hal/components/Submakefile:58: recipe for target '../docs/man/man9/abs.9' failed
make: *** [../docs/man/man9/abs.9] Error 1

my git repo (copy of first dgarret switchkins repo) of 2.9 pre0, work but not able to use halcompile, so for test I try to install Lcnc-master "rip-install" ... all mine install was trougth deb package (
dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc) ... so for first I use "unistall" from package manager, and move deb pack into ".old" folder .... after try an other installation.

regards

More
25 Oct 2023 09:32 #283787 by bkt
perhaps I've check if all was ok with python ....
test@2020:~$ which yapps2
/home/test/.local/bin/yapps2
test@2020:~$ sudo pip install yapps
The directory '/home/test/.cache/pip/http' or its parent directory is not owned by the current user and the cache has been disabled. Please check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo's -H flag.
The directory '/home/test/.cache/pip' or its parent directory is not owned by the current user and caching wheels has been disabled. check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo's -H flag.
Requirement already satisfied: yapps in ./.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages
test@2020:~$ sudo pip install yapps2
The directory '/home/test/.cache/pip/http' or its parent directory is not owned by the current user and the cache has been disabled. Please check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo's -H flag.
The directory '/home/test/.cache/pip' or its parent directory is not owned by the current user and caching wheels has been disabled. check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo's -H flag.
Collecting yapps2
  Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/7f/5d/f8b7dec89104f27d14b11711baf057194670ab220ebb8262f9bc1a450380/Yapps2-2.2.0.tar.gz
Installing collected packages: yapps2
  Running setup.py install for yapps2 ... done
Successfully installed yapps2-2.2.0
test@2020:~$ python3 --version
Python 3.6.9
test@2020:~$

More
25 Oct 2023 12:42 #283800 by rodw
I would have done it with: sudo apt install yapps2 rather than pip

More
25 Oct 2023 13:15 - 25 Oct 2023 19:20 #283804 by bkt
these was some time ago .... but thanks, now have a problem with

sudo apt-get install python3-gi

I install python3-gi but configure process not see it ..... ImportError: cannot import name '_gi' from partially initialized module 'gi' (most likely due to a circular import) (/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/__init__.py)

these the new messages
Last edit: 25 Oct 2023 19:20 by bkt.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds