terminal and wifi won't open

More
07 Dec 2023 09:43 #287423 by frost_lnx
The terminal of debian 12 xfce in raspberry pi 4 does not open and wifi does not appear. RPI 4 model B 4GB 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2023 10:45 #287429 by cornholio
Now if you are using one of the official linuxcnc images check in /boot/broadcom/config.txt to see if it is enabled.

Where are you trying to start the terminal app from ? The main menu or the panel at the bottom ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: frost_lnx

More
11 Dec 2023 07:17 #287817 by frost_lnx
Thank you for trying to help, but the problem is that linuxcnc does not support 2.9.1 for raspberrys, so I could not fully install it, so I could not connect to the terminal or wifi. also, for friends who have problems connecting to the screen, I would like to state that the reason why it cannot connect to the screen is due to the use of hdmi micro hdmi converter.

More
11 Dec 2023 07:35 #287818 by cornholio
It does, I was personally working with rod to make the current images for the raspberry pi 4.
I have personally used the image on a RP-400 and the RPi4. To say that the 2.9.1 image doesn’t support Raspberry Pi 4 is totally incorrect.
There has been an awful lot of testing and development gone into it. There would be no way that it would be released and not working.
I’d suggest redownloading the image and making sure it is not corrupted. One thing I would do, if you are using the raspberry pi imager utility to write the image is not to make any customisations. Whilst the image does work it is not based on the official raspberry pi OS image but it does use the same Debian bookworm repositories.
Many others are using this image quite fine.

More
11 Dec 2023 07:43 #287819 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic terminal and wifi won't open
On some Pi4b's (like mine) won't boot. I think its a hardware fault in my case (as I have a very old Pi 4b)
to configure wifi, please type: sudo menu-config

This also allows setting of locale and time zone settings.

More
11 Dec 2023 08:30 #287823 by frost_lnx
I checked what you said and realized that I can't upload it to the SD card properly. Thanks for your help. Have a healthy day.

More
11 Dec 2023 09:03 #287827 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic terminal and wifi won't open
You may need to upgrade the firmware which you can do from the stadard pi imager. WHen the screen flashes green it is flashed.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds