Anyone seen this?

More
07 May 2024 11:27 #300029 by kiwiscanfly
Replied by kiwiscanfly on topic Anyone seen this?
I like your design.. Great if it is designed to be din rail mounted.
As much as I like to make things, at some point for me its easier to fork out a couple hundred. Time poor..

I have had this new module in mind.
Wrong link to the ethercat model. Couldn't find right one.
www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006434809743.html

I am wondering if this is EtherCat device PLC with I/O  is less then the $500 devices referred to but offers the functions/features you are after.
I like how it has expansion boards.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/S8027a5aa7da54e5d9bdaccca3b5e9f34G.jpg?width=800&height=800&hash=1600

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2024 23:18 #300077 by blazini36
Replied by blazini36 on topic Anyone seen this?
Yeah, I have a DIN holder for the card......

Your link is just an analog input module. I guess that's meant to attach to an EtherCAT PLC CPU. I wouldn't want to deal with some odd PLC software and multiple modules. This card has a specific purpose, it has everything I need for control panel IO. Once I get this sorted out I'll try tackling some other EtherCAT devices, goal is to get my mill running on all my own EtherCAT slaves.

It's a bit more than a hobby project otherwise I wouldn't bother. That card's a hand assembled prototype as all my prototypes are so I really don't know exactly what it costs me to "produce", everytime I do something like this I purchase multiples of every component so I'm sure this 1 cost me more than something equivelant if such a thing exists.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds