user tab class

More
13 Mar 2016 13:19 #71556 by fixer
user tab class was created by fixer
Hello,

I am trying to integrate LinuxCNC features a little bit deeper in gmoccapy - I want to have softkeys in gmoccapy for calling different functions in Features.
Is it possible to access Features functions in parent (gmoccapy) class?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2016 13:32 #71558 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic user tab class
As features is a class, importing that one in gmoccapy should give you full access to the functions.

What are you trying to do?
I do ask, because it might be easier to include a handler file loading the embedded tab to archive the functions.
The advantage would be not to need to touch the gmoccapy code. As each update would need your patches again.

Norbert

More
13 Mar 2016 15:43 #71568 by fixer
Replied by fixer on topic user tab class
I would like to have buttons from features (add, remove, undo, redo, move up, down,...) displayed as horizontal softkeys in gmoccapy. I have a button on GUI that dynamically shows and hides rightbox user tab, where i have features embedded. When I show features, I would also like for the softkeys to change appearance. I am using my machines with touchscreen, without mouse and keyboard, and I have a rather small screen, 15 zoll, 1024 pixels.

Note that I am a beginer in python and in object oriented programming, I just want to access integrated Features's .self

I don't mind applying changes after updates, as I have already done a lot of changes in your code, and also in other widgets (tooleditor was unusable on touchscreens, I made a save as dialog with your (modified) IconView, Features also needed some modification to suit my needs,...)
Attachments:

More
14 Mar 2016 07:59 #71609 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic user tab class
@fixer,

I do like your idea a lot!
What about integrating features as ntb_user_tabs, so pushing the button user_tabs will bring features in front. The tab has integrated a button_box and a gremlin as preview, so you can handle all calls from that buttons.

The other idea is to add a user_buttonbox in the bottom_button_list, so users may place there buttons in there and handle special cases with there own py handler.

Nevertheless, could you send me your code, I am interested in the changes you made, may be there are stuff in there I could use in standard code.

Norbert

More
14 Mar 2016 12:10 - 28 Mar 2016 15:09 #71626 by fixer
Replied by fixer on topic user tab class
This sounds great, and I have a few more ideas there...
Last edit: 28 Mar 2016 15:09 by fixer.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds