Suggestion for Homing buttons and Spindle speed

More
24 Sep 2016 08:15 - 24 Sep 2016 09:55 #80847 by terkaa
I have two suggestions:

1. Could there be a setting to hide homing buttons? This would be good for machines with Absloute encoders that do not need homing.Or maybe there should be NO_HOMING_REQUIRED flag in INI file? That way all UI's could hide/show homing buttons.
2. Could Spindle Speed display be tied to pin motion.spindle-speed-out instead of rpm * spindle_override? I have been trying to make G84 threading cycle and disabling Speed_override works but Gmoccapy shows incorrect speed during DISABLE_SPEED_OVERRIDE();

Tero
Last edit: 24 Sep 2016 09:55 by terkaa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2016 17:00 #80857 by newbynobi

1. Could there be a setting to hide homing buttons? This would be good for machines with Absloute encoders that do not need homing.Or maybe there should be NO_HOMING_REQUIRED flag in INI file? That way all UI's could hide/show homing buttons.

That would cause other problems. What for my lathe, I use NO_FORCE_HOMING=1, because I never home the Z axis, but on start the X axis. If I hide the button, the space will not be covered, so buttons are moving around, making the order for the hardware button a mess.

The best solution would be to edit the glade file and set the Home button unsensitive, that way no moving of buttons and also no wrong reactions. I do not see the need to implement that right now. If other would also ask for it, it might be to think twice about.
Hope you are not angry with me B)

2. Could Spindle Speed display be tied to pin motion.spindle-speed-out instead of rpm * spindle_override? I have been trying to make G84 threading cycle and disabling Speed_override works but Gmoccapy shows incorrect speed during DISABLE_SPEED_OVERRIDE();

G84 is not implemented jet. I tested with G33.1 and can not see any problem, as the spindle speed is shown with 100 rpm, and that is the value I coded. Could you explain your problem more in detail?

Norbert

More
24 Sep 2016 18:09 - 24 Sep 2016 18:10 #80860 by terkaa
1. Ok
2. I am trying to implement G84/G74 cycles. I use DISABLE_SPEED_OVERRIDE(); FUNCTION in my implementation during actual threading cycle basically from start of thread to bottom and back. I have following line:

N0300 M03 S100
N0400 G84 X70 Y70 F200 R3 Z-10

If feed override is set to 1.6 Gmoccapy shows S160 at spindle speed display, and halmeter from motion.spindle.speed-out shows 100(because feedoverride is disabled). I tried to use Istanbul to make a video of this but it does not seem to work.

Tero
Last edit: 24 Sep 2016 18:10 by terkaa.

More
24 Sep 2016 18:37 #80863 by terkaa
gtk-recordmyvideo does work:

Same behavior happens with M49

Tero

More
25 Sep 2016 07:59 - 25 Sep 2016 08:01 #80882 by newbynobi
Hallo Tero,

I see the behavior, but ...
If the slider is not at 100 % its value will be taken to modify the display!
IMHO that is OK, as that display should display the resulting speed.

What if you use gmoccapy.reset-spindle-override pin to set the override value to be 100 % at the moment you use disable speed override function?

or you connect the spindle feedback bar to your feedback system, this value will be independent from the override value.

The problem is, that linuxcnc is not emitting a signal at the moment the overrides have been disabled or enabled again.
So I am not able from the GUI side to see that something has changed in the background. At your video, not even the "active gcodes" do change, so also from that side no possibility :-(

Norbert

Norbert
Last edit: 25 Sep 2016 08:01 by newbynobi.

More
25 Sep 2016 08:17 #80885 by terkaa
Ok,

But should't this display show actual speed ? Why not connect it to motion.spindle-speed-out?

Tero

More
25 Sep 2016 08:50 - 25 Sep 2016 08:53 #80887 by newbynobi
Not exactly!

spindle feedback has the feedback bar, the spindle speed display is normally used to check spindle speed optimizing a part.
I.E. If you are noting some noise at first run, you change speed with speed override till cuttings sounds OK, now you look at the speed display and change your speed settings in the code to have that speed.

Connecting to another hal pin is not so easy, as I do not connect any pin inside gmoccapy code (except the internal used ones). I get this values from hal_status and not from a pin (self.stat.settings[2] and self.stat.spindle_speed are the ones in the code).

That is the Interface I use

Norbert
Last edit: 25 Sep 2016 08:53 by newbynobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: terkaa

More
25 Sep 2016 08:52 #80888 by terkaa
Ok, now I understand this.

Tero

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds