Major Types of Memos And Examples Written by robertmerritt

Category: General  /  Created: 07/19/2022 08:14:50

Every stage of life necessitates the use of different communication tools to convey information or thoughts to others in a convenient and comprehensive manner. At the college or high school level, the means of communication include passing notes or using instant messaging platforms. Internal communication at the business level, on the other hand, is heavily reliant on memos. Memos are used to deliver small informational messages that are not only succinct and effective but also a bit more formal, similar to sending an instant message or giving notes to express your thoughts.

If you are a business student, you will undoubtedly be assigned several memo writing projects since your professor will need to prepare you for real-world action. You might think of memo writing as a difficult task right now but trust me when I say it gets a lot simpler with a little learning and practice. If you are an experienced professional essay writer, you will have no trouble composing this paper as well. Students who understand how to organize a piece of writing and shift tones find it easier to create various types of memos.

A common mistake that students make in their memo-writing assignments is not understanding the type of memo that is appropriate to their assignment. This mistake is a result of a lack of understanding of memo types. If you are someone who also makes this common mistake then this post is for you. You can also ask help from online essay writer for further help. Five major types of memos that you need to learn about to ace your memo-writing assignments are discussed in detail below along with examples to help you easily distinguish among them.

Five Major Types of Memos

Before we delve into the different types of memos, it is important to mention here that all the types differ based on their purpose and audience majorly.

1.  Request Memo

If the name of this memo does not already give it away then let me tell you that this kind of memo is written with an intent to get a favorable response against some request. A request memo is to be written convincingly if you want its purpose to be achieved.

In a request memo, the request should be clearly stated and the reasons for the request must be represented as well. It is better that you offer some facts to support your narrative as well as to add weightage to your request. Including recommended action in your request is also a great way of ensuring that your request is perceived as intended.

An example of a request memo would be a memo written to a manager for funding of a project would come under this type of memo. In the memo, you would include your project details and establish its feasibility, and then request funds.

2.  Ideas/Suggestion Memo

As the name of the memo signifies, this memo is written to convey your thoughts or suggestions on a particular matter. In a corporate setting, managers ask their subordinates t to give their suggestions to tackle specific situations quite often. A memo written by an employee to suggest ways to overcome issues is regarded as an idea/suggestion memo.

An example of this kind o memo would be a memo written to a manager to give suggestions for reducing employee turnover and absenteeism.

This kind of memo is usually common in academic assignments as well as it enables professors to analyze the critical thinking abilities of a student along with memo-writing skills. A little tip is to add facts and pieces of evidence to back up your suggestions as I used to do it as well when I used to write my essay which required composing a suggestion memo. An online essay writers always helps to score high grades and meet my professor’s expectations.

3.  Confirmation Memo

This type of memo is usually written by an essay writer to confirm to their employees that something has been agreed to verbally. This memo contains all the significant details of the agreements and mentions all the demands and targets. A confirmation memo also includes a section where employees are asked about their feedback and are encouraged to ask questions to clear their misconceptions regarding the agreed-upon setting.

An example of a confirmation memo is the memo written by an executive-level officer of a company to confirm the hiring of new personnel for a particular department.

4.  Periodic Report Memo

This type of memo is submitted periodically such as monthly, quarterly, or yearly by each department of a company to fill higher management on key areas.  These memos are designed in a standard fill-in form on which data or information can easily be entered.

An example of a periodic report memo would be a monthly sales report generated by the sales manager for higher management of the company.

5.  Informal Study Result Memo

The final memo is an informal study result memo that is written with an intent to present information to the organizational personnel which is easy to read and understand.

An example of this type of memo is a memo written to review a client’s complaint.

I hope you find this guide helpful and can distinguish between different types of memos once you are done learning bout all of them. If you still find memo-writing difficult then the option of seeking help from an essay writing service provider such as “EssayWriterForMe” is always open for you. Getting their help to improve your skills is nothing to be ashamed of.

Best of luck with your future memo-writing assignments! Hopefully, you will ace them all and surpass the expectations of your professor with little practice and tons of dedication.