Show your screens

More
09 Aug 2020 07:38 #177730 by anfänger
Show your screens was created by anfänger
Hi, I would like to see what screens are done with qtpyvcp and maybe get some inspiration for my changes.
Also it is a lot of work to set up / modify as screen so I would like to share what I've done to probe_basic to fit my needs:
I don't have a probe yet but work with an 3d dial indicator, and have a 12 tool basket tool changer so I made some adjustments.

I wrote some more about the machine here

but now to my changes to probe basic beginning with the main view

here I made no changes to probe basic, but I would tell what I changed on the global part.
I added some LED's and a reset button for my e-stop system. I also removed the zero buttons, cause I once pressed it accidentally.

Same in the file tab, no changes here, so I skip this picture

now I added as view for the setup sheet (with a lot of help form here) I use fusion360 end export the setup sheet to the same folder as the program and its loaded automatically when a program is loaded. I really like this feature.

the ATC has seen the biggest changes, cause I adapted it to fit my tool changer and the switch table.
On the left side I can make every move I need to to check or recover the tool changer. Also the table controls are here.
On the right side I can load and unload the tool changer (here I have a dialog which tells me what tool to load, but this is done by a bash script with zenity). Also I can switch on an off the coolant pumps and touch of single tools or the entire tool changer.

the Tool tab has just some small changes for cleaning the tool probe and and I use one of the tool offsets to manage if I want to touch off a tool of center. I this is the case Also spin the tool backwards while touching off and run a single pass slower touch off than the usual doubleness with faster moves.

The offset tab has seen some changes. I removed the tool touch of settings to get space for my method of setting the offsets.
Its a two stage process first I can set the line edit to 0, x, x/2 or write a value in it. with set I set this value. This works really well with the dial indicator.

I don't use probing and conventional at the moments, so I skip them here.

The settings tab has now the configuration for the tool touch off and hence I am out of links it will be skipped too

the status tab is featuring led for all inputs of this machine this helps to trace errors and defective sensors. It's and old machine, so sometimes sensors or cables fail.

now I have a state where I will freeze my development cause it is well usable for me. Maybe I will start to make some changes to the conventional tab and start using it but this will require some planing like how to set up feeds and speeds and what I actually need.

For many of you these changes are just a piece of cake, but for me it was quite a journey and a lot of work, so I am quite proud of the result. so thanks for listening.

Cheers Patrick
The following user(s) said Thank You: beakersBestFriend, TurBoss, tommylight, taloot, KCJ, JohnnyCNC, harindugamlath, hilo90mhz, jaco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2020 07:59 #177732 by TurBoss
Replied by TurBoss on topic Show your screens

did this just for fun, its minimal featured
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, KCJ

More
23 Aug 2020 05:52 #179062 by TurBoss
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ, Himarc3D

More
23 Aug 2020 06:49 #179072 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Show your screens
Wow that is an old monitor !
Looks clean and simple, although i can not make any writing on it.
Thank you.

More
06 Sep 2020 05:36 #180895 by TurBoss
took this screenshot while testing @adargel conversational widgets
can be found here github.com/kcjengr/qtpyvcp.conversational-gcode

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, KCJ, harindugamlath

More
29 Nov 2020 09:54 - 29 Nov 2020 12:24 #190598 by Blume
Replied by Blume on topic Show your screens
Hi
Perffect work @anfanger. Are you from Germany ?

Regards
Last edit: 29 Nov 2020 12:24 by Blume.

More
03 Dec 2020 07:07 #190938 by anfänger
Replied by anfänger on topic Show your screens
@Blume
Yes I am living near Aachen

Cheers Patrick

More
04 Dec 2020 18:43 #191054 by Blume
Replied by Blume on topic Show your screens
Thats cool not so far from my home. living near kassel. Can we wrote on FB ? thats easyer

More
04 Dec 2020 18:48 #191055 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Show your screens

living near kassel.

I lived in Kassel for nearly 2 months, so far the best city to live in of all the places i visited, and i did a lot of visiting ! :)

More
07 Dec 2020 13:00 #191301 by anfänger
Replied by anfänger on topic Show your screens
My wife lives in Götting for a while. From Kassel I only know the train station. An once rowed down the Fulda. BUt That was a long time ago.
Sure can you contact me on FB or insta. Facebook you need to search for Patrick Laible if there are more than one choose the the one with a spaniel as profile pic. On Insta its Ederen_barnworks

Cheers Patrick

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds