Mill atc configuration

More
19 Jul 2023 06:20 #275791 by Artur_1617
Replied by Artur_1617 on topic Mill atc configuration
Yesterday I make some changes en toolchange.ngc and all start working correctly. M6 T6 unload tool from the spindle without problem.
Need to add pressure sensor, orient and homing Z with homing corousel.

File Attachment:

File Name: toolchange...7-19.ngc
File Size:2 KB

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2023 09:19 #275804 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Mill atc configuration
I think that you should have a pause between tool-unclamp and head retract too. (Though I suspect that is what the pressure sensor is for?)

I haven't seen many commercial ATCs, but the last one I looked at used a switch to detect the movement of the clamp mechanism rather than a pressure sensor, which makes sense to cover the case of a stuck mechanism.

My own tool clamping system is pneumatic (no tool changer, I didn't get that far, but the rapid tool changes are great) and that sometimes sticks if the spindle gets very hot. To detect tool release with that I would definitely be looking at piston motion rather than pressure (as it physically ejects the tool in the last part of the stroke).

However, if your system has an air purge to clean the taper (as many do) then detecting that pressure _dropping_ would be a good detection of tool release.

More
19 Jul 2023 10:01 #275807 by Artur_1617
I have compressor than make 8bar and drop to 6 before start to load again. Spindle need 6.3bar to unclamp cone.
In finaly version of spindle well by atached sensor of finish motion stroke piston.
Now about orient.
Read all topic with orient but no found setup like mine. Try to mixed all in one but not lucky.
Think the first one orient atached in first post was the best for working with my setup.
I use relay for spindle cw on.       # --- SPINDLE-CW --- net spindle-cw hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.output-01
Can You write me example how turn on spindle orient with turn on spindle? 

More
19 Jul 2023 10:15 #275808 by andypugh

I have compressor than make 8bar and drop to 6 before start to load again. Spindle need 6.3bar to unclamp cone.

What is the rated pressure of the compressor reservoir? You can generally adjust the pressure switch to cut in and out at higher pressures.

But, even then, I think that 8 bar is too close to the limit for reliability. Can you use a 10 bar compressor or a bigger cylinder?

I had this problem with my pneumatic drawbar, and re-made the actuator cylinder as a tandem one:

Read all topic with orient but no found setup like mine. Try to mixed all in one but not lucky.
Think the first one orient atached in first post was the best for working with my setup.
I use relay for spindle cw on.       # --- SPINDLE-CW --- net spindle-cw hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.output-01
Can You write me example how turn on spindle orient with turn on spindle? 

Do you plan to orient with only clockwise motion? Is there a physical stop pin?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
19 Jul 2023 10:44 #275810 by Artur_1617
Dont see any problem orient with only clockwise motion. Dont have physical stop pin.

More
19 Jul 2023 13:56 #275814 by andypugh

Dont see any problem orient with only clockwise motion. Dont have physical stop pin.

The problem is with inertia in the spindle.

If you turn on the spindle until is it in position, and then turn it off, by the time it stops it won't be in position.

Can you explain how you intend spindle orient to work? Is there a brake? Encoder? Index?

Generally the spindle motor is operated like a position-mode servo during orient, and for that it needs to be controlled with variable speed and in both directions.

If you are not going to do it like that, then I can't help with the HAL unless I know what you do expect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artur_1617

More
19 Jul 2023 14:26 - 20 Jul 2023 06:19 #275819 by Artur_1617
Spindle is with encoder ABZ Encoder scale is 232ppr (from ini)
The lower rpm spindle turn 30rpm if i stop them from this rpm stop very fast. Regenerative resistor for stop is there.
About directions, You now better if they need both directions, now i have cw and ccw physical pin for rigid tapping.

Last edit: 20 Jul 2023 06:19 by Artur_1617.

More
20 Jul 2023 06:26 #275863 by Artur_1617
Yesterday found in my inventer omron 3g3mx2 stop funcion "DB" try to use them and if is on I cant turn spindle with hand easy. We can use them for stop and save position under tool is changing.

More
20 Jul 2023 09:30 #275872 by andypugh
232 PPR sounds rather coarse, it will limit the accuracy of alignment that is possible.

You can try using a wcomp component:
linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/man/man9/wcomp.9.html

It will take a little work to get the "max" and "min" values for it. max needs to be the position from the orient comp + one or two encoder counts, and min needs to be - one or two.
loadrt wcomp
loadrt sum2 count=2
setp sum2.0.in1 0.01
setp sum2.1.in1 -0.01
net o_angle orient.0.position sum2.0.in0  sum2.1.in0
net o_max sum2.0.out wcomp.0.max
net o_min sum2.1.out wcomp.0.min
net o_fwd wcomp.0.under => Use this pin to move the spindle FWD
net o_rev wcomp.0.over ==> and this onw for REV

This will need massaging to fit your system, and is untested.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artur_1617

More
20 Jul 2023 10:19 #275881 by Artur_1617
 Get error on start.

File Attachment:

File Name: Frezarka_z_ATC.hal
File Size:16 KB

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds