Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
08 Apr 2024 09:08 #297798 by TimGow

Hmm, the Remora step generator is blind to any scaling. It just receives a step frequency command from LinuxCNC (Remora component). So I'd be thinking somthing to do with the trajectory, axis and joint configuration.

Hi Scott,
Thank you for looking at this redundant joint/axis aspect.
I'm using two EC300s, updating one to the latest working status and holding the other as a back-up, in case I need to revert.  I will try again, deleting the redundant axes when flipping the EC300s next (I need to get the spindle trigger wheel signals working, index + 60 tooth).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2024 11:18 - 08 Apr 2024 11:18 #297803 by nicnucan
Is there someone who can give me a answer on this questions? Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello, I have HLTNC AC Servos and would like to use them with the EC500 on Remora. The question is, which config can I use as a base for this? (Is it the closed loop config?)  Unfortunately, I can't find any information on this and would be very grateful if you could help me out or give me a tip.Here is the link to the motors used (z comes with a brake) and the link to the manual.

AC Servos --> de.aliexpress.com/item/1005006499016819....mend%7Cquery_from%3A

AC Driver Manual --> drive.google.com/file/d/1xr2uba-4ThCK9Vh...Qke/view?usp=sharing

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edit: 08 Apr 2024 11:18 by nicnucan.

More
09 Apr 2024 11:22 - 09 Apr 2024 15:12 #297855 by Murphy
I'm going to get a ABZ encoder for the spindle. I'll jumper the pins straight to the IC, bypassing the optocouplers and run from an aud1200 as rbobey1989 has explained in previous posts. would a cheap encoder from AliExpress like the one in the link be ok ? 600ppr or 1000ppr? (Max spindle speed 3000rpm)

a.aliexpress.com/_Eu6AGCX
Last edit: 09 Apr 2024 15:12 by Murphy.

More
10 Apr 2024 10:29 #297916 by nicnucan
Is there an update to get the NVMPG working on the EC500 with remora?

More
12 Apr 2024 21:07 #298127 by scotta

Is there someone who can give me a answer on this questions? Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello, I have HLTNC AC Servos and would like to use them with the EC500 on Remora. The question is, which config can I use as a base for this? (Is it the closed loop config?)  Unfortunately, I can't find any information on this and would be very grateful if you could help me out or give me a tip.Here is the link to the motors used (z comes with a brake) and the link to the manual.

AC Servos --> de.aliexpress.com/item/1005006499016819....mend%7Cquery_from%3A

AC Driver Manual --> drive.google.com/file/d/1xr2uba-4ThCK9Vh...Qke/view?usp=sharing

Thank you very much in advance.

The drive manual shows pulse and direction inputs, so it should be able to work with an EC500. 

NVMPG is working on the EC300 and EC500.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicnucan

More
15 Apr 2024 18:28 - 15 Apr 2024 18:56 #298304 by nicnucan
Hi, I'm currently trying to get the NVMPG up and running.

Which nvmpg.c file should be used for the EC500 CPP firmware?I have been trying with this version, but I only get error messages when I attempt to compile it using
sudo halcompile --install nvmpg.c:
[url]https://github.com/scottalford75/Remora-NVEM/blob/main/LinuxCNC/Components/NVMPG/nvmpg.c[/url]

When I start LinuxCNC, I receive an error message stating that the nvmpg.so file is not found in /usr/lib/linuxcnc/modules/.    
Last edit: 15 Apr 2024 18:56 by nicnucan.

More
15 Apr 2024 19:24 #298306 by nicnucan
Now the compilation was successful. I copied the file again and restarted. Afterwards, it was working.

More
22 Apr 2024 06:19 #298813 by Ray_TL00
Hola soy un novato en linuxcnc y en Linux en general me decidí a hacer este proyecto pq ten una NVEM  de las smt32 V2 me e leído casi todo este tema desde el principio,, espero puedan ayudarme ,, la parte de poner el firmware rémora en la nvem con el stlink funcionó a la primera y pensé q sería lo más difícil al tratar de configurar el IP fijo en linux pues no me aparece exactamente como muestra en el vídeo pero lo hice y no funcionó , q me pudiera está pasando ,, disculpen la ignorancia
Attachments:

More
23 Apr 2024 01:50 #298883 by cncwhacko
I am also having issues with linuxcnc->nvmpg data transmission as described earlier in the thread:
forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/44828-rem...rd?start=1580#291969
and forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/44828-rem...rd?start=1580#291958

I've read through the entirety of the posts here and am stumped at this point, does anyone have any updates on the corrupted values displaying on the nvmpg? Button presses and encorder work as expected for what it is worth.

More
27 Apr 2024 10:31 #299180 by disneysw
I have read the full thread, wiki and looked at git hub and there are a number of things I am still confused about due to conflicting information.

I am using a standard LinuxCNC distro on an i5 PC. I have erased and programmed an NVEM V5 board (RT1052) using pyocd and the remora-rt1052-NVEM-0.2.1.bin and the board responds to pings at 10.10.10.10.

I cannot upload a config to the remora board due to time outs, but I understand this is to be expected as the firmware has a full config built-in - is this correct or is this the root cause of my issues?

The board outputs the following via the debug port on boot:

Initializing PHY...

## Entering SETUP state

## Entering START state

Starting the threads

## Entering IDLE state

I have installed the remora components (remora-eth, remora-nv, remora-nvmpg) into LinuxCNC and I copied various remora configs to my config directory.

Satrting LinuxCNC and using the remova-nv config I can get the x & y steppers to sort of move but I cannot see any inputs change state (I have tried all of them). In the HAL viewer I can see the Remora status as OK and both the servo-thread.time /remora.update-frq.time are updating.

Ultimately I want to set this up for a lathe with x,y and spindle control but for now it is sitting on my desk with two steppers and some switches wired up to the inputs.

So my questions are:

1: have I flashed the correct firmware?
2: do I need to upload a config file to the NVEM - if so why would I get a timeout (this is mentioned by someone else in an earlier post)?
3: If the above is OK why can I not see any input changes?
4: Do anyone have a Lathe config as a starting point?

Thanks in advance

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds