PiDiCNC Control System

More
08 Oct 2015 21:25 - 08 Oct 2015 21:29 #63574 by viktan
Hi,
I want to take attention to our new product. It is Control System PiDiCNC build on Raspberry Pi 2 and LinuxCNC.
For now we have done with first board for stepper motors based on FPGA. It can drive 4 steppers motors by Pololu DRV8825 directly from
this board or by external stepper driver STEP/DIR type. Max speed is 750kHz. Other features are 5 binary inputs,
3 binary outputs (each can be configured as BIN/PWM/RC servo), 1 relay output, 1 analog output (0-10V, 12bit) and 12 leds. All functions
are available from LinuxCNC by our HAL components. In this moment we made only few boards for testing but commercial production comming soon.
Next boards what we are working on are Analog Board for servo motors, encoders and additional Analog and Binary IO board.

Few slides and video with additional information

Viktor
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Oct 2015 21:29 by viktan. Reason: Pictures and links was invisible in post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2015 12:08 - 27 Nov 2015 12:10 #65857 by Matko
Replied by Matko on topic PiDiCNC Control System
PiDiCNC system is designed to connect the Raspberry Pi 2, using the application in the CNC or PLC.
The system allows to combine the modules as necessary.
The system does not require any computer. Raspberry PI 2 fully replaces it. It can be connected to it
classic monitor, keyboard and mouse, or LCD display.
Running under Linux OS. PiDiCNC is fully managed with LinuxCNC. PiDiPLC can be controlled by CODESYS program.
Now we have modules 3805, 3806 (extended module 3805) and 3809.

3805/6 module is aimed at the CNC allows a stepper motor control.
It contains everything you need to manage less complex CNC machines (eg. CNC milling).
A greater number of engines can be achieved by adding the appropriate number of modules 3805/6.
Components:
4 x stepper motors with a current of approx. 1.5A (max. 2.5A). Microstepping 6400 pulses / revolution.
      Instead of internal converters can use external drives with the required interventions such as STEP-DIR.
5 x digital input 0-24V
3 x digital outputs - open collector 0-24V / 2.5A
1 x relay output 230V / 5A
7 x binary output - open collector 0-24V / 0.2A
1 x analog output 0-10V.
The binary outputs (7 x open collector 0-24V / 0.2A), it is possible to operate in the following modes (any combination):
- PWM mode - 40kHz frequency, substituting adjustable 0-100%
- RC Mode - RC servo control, frequency 50 Hz + -90 degrees, precision steering servo 0.1 degree
- STEP mode - (in pairs out) - connect additional external converters for three stepper motors
   with the required interventions such as STEP-DIR.
- One output can also be used in conjunction with 0-10V analog output, and analog output can
  provide the speed and digital output indicates the direction of rotation - DIR.
For external drives, the frequency of generation of microsteps to 750kHz.

The module 3809 can be used for the CNC, but for a PLC application.
This is the binary inputs and outputs. The module includes:
- 16 digital inputs 0-24V. Inputs are optically isolated, combined for foursome, each entry in a foursome
       It can be switched with both polarities 0V and 24V. (Passed / not pass current through the input).
- 16 digital outputs 0-24V. The outputs are galvanically isolated, combined for foursome, each output in a foursome
       can switch to either 0V or 24V. Load approx. 2.5A.
A larger number of inputs or outputs can be achieved by adding the appropriate number of modules 3809.

We also plan to further modules which will include ADC, DAC and IRC inputs.
In the event that you have a system PiDiCNC - PiDiPLC interest, it is possible to design the modules according to your requirements.

Also demonstrated the system with one module 3805 can be viewed at the following video:

Pictures modules:

Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Nov 2015 12:10 by Matko.

More
27 Nov 2015 14:15 #65863 by jepler
Replied by jepler on topic PiDiCNC Control System
Hi.

It sounds like you have an interesting product.

Where is the source to your modified LinuxCNC? What version of LinuxCNC is it based on? Are you interested in helping incorporate your Raspberry PI-specific code and drivers into "mainline" LinuxCNC?

More
29 Nov 2015 01:46 #65987 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic PiDiCNC Control System
Price ???? ordering ??? All the tech spec ?????
Tom

More
01 Dec 2015 09:35 #66152 by viktan
Replied by viktan on topic PiDiCNC Control System
To jepler
We are using a image from Machinekit, with LinuxCNC and real time kernel. There is no change in LinuxCNC, only what is needed is compile own HAL component for our boards and configure signals and feedbacks for motors and binary IO for switches or spindle.
Of course, We would be very happy if our boards would be incorporated to LinuxCNC.
I'm thinking about the possibility to connect LinuxCNC running on ordinary PC with our boards+RasPi by Ethernet. I assume some people want to keep their PC in machine.

To tommylight
At this moment we are in development phase and we have only few boards for debug. Site, all documentation, etc.. will come later.

More
02 Dec 2015 22:40 #66237 by tommylight
What is the price point going to be ? what are the add on modules and at what prices ?
I need to have all the details if i am supposed to consider using your products into my machines.
Tom
P.S.
I really like the DIN rail packaging , i already had drives in that form factor and like it for a lot of reasons.
If you plan on doing add on modules in the same form factor, do separate colours for P.S. inputs module, outputs module, and empty box for ppl who already have a ras-pi2 etc.

More
12 Jan 2016 05:10 #68218 by dinkata
Replied by dinkata on topic PiDiCNC Control System
Price ? ordering ? All the tech spec ?
">>> This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.<<<"
I already wrote two letters .
There's no price .
No answer. :sick:

More
12 Jan 2016 17:40 - 12 Jan 2016 17:41 #68265 by dinkata
Replied by dinkata on topic PiDiCNC Control System

"No answer. :sick:

Yes, there is an answer :cheer:
Last edit: 12 Jan 2016 17:41 by dinkata.

More
12 Jan 2016 23:34 #68272 by tommylight

"No answer. :sick:

Yes, there is an answer :cheer:

Thank you very much, now we know it all !!!
Stop mocking about and give us the msrp or anything related to an actual price. I have seen way to many projects like this that 1-never go into production and on sale, 2-go on sale at a price point that rivals industrial controllers or 3-go on sale and fail due to not enough feedback from people like us who actually have to use them and know what is needed in a system like this.
On the other hand, ras-pi2 are a dime a dozen so adding drivers and optocouplers is not black magic, i just liked the form factor and stack-ability.
I'll move on, thank you very much.

More
20 Mar 2017 12:08 #89936 by MarcoGaspar
Replied by MarcoGaspar on topic PiDiCNC Control System
Does anyone use pidicnc or tested it??

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.500 seconds