Yaskawa Servopacks any good?

More
19 May 2017 01:17 #93375 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Yaskawa Servopacks any good?
Sounds like a plan Tommy. Let me finish my plasma first....

I would have liked the next size lathe up with the DI4 chuck and a spindle brake but it would not fit in my tiny shed. But it has the same working area as a 3 phase one we do axle tubes etc on at work but shorter, just being single phase, it does not quite have the grunt but it still can part off ally at 1600 rpm ...... and throw coolant everywhere...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2017 01:06 #93414 by andypugh

So the drivers say they take 110 volt.

That's odd, Yaskawa are Japanese, and they use 200.
Is there possibly an input voltage selector?

If not, then I would guess that Aus building sites use 220 -> 110 transformers in abundance, try finding one of them.
(example: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FAITHFULL-3-3-KVA-SIT...a:g:rOYAAOSw4GVYHGPZ )

More
21 May 2017 01:25 #93416 by rodw
Andy,

My mistake, they are 100 volt. Yaskawa make either 100V or 200V servos. I thought I'd buy this power supplyt:
www.wallcann.com.au/1000w-voltage-conver...tml?___store=default
I know these are tiny with low torque but I thought for the money it would let me learn about servos once I finish my current build to give me the confidence to tackle a retrofit.

More
27 May 2017 10:53 #93702 by rodw
Been a bit crazy here this week. These servos turned up today. Very tiny but I'm sure they will be fun to play with. Can I drive them off an ordinary BOB or do I need to use a 7i77?

More
27 May 2017 22:48 #93726 by tommylight
Well.....yes to a certain extent. If they take step/dir, no problem at all. If they use 0-10V on two separate inputs for 2 directions, usable but limited to 50% or 33% speed depending on the parallel port voltage 5V or 3.3V. If they use normal +-10v that would require a bit more work and transistors and resistors.......leme do some thinking on how to do that, a quick think blitz and 2 versions, one that can do half of parallel port voltage on one direction and half on the other direction, and a more complicated one that can do full parallel port voltage. That means version 1 can do +-1.6V or +-2.5V and version 2 can do +-3.3V or 5V.....scratch that, they can do that minus 0.6 to 0.7V drop on the transistors....hmmmmm.....not much but still usable for playing.....ehm scientific use ! Need more time .....or more speed! :)

More
27 May 2017 23:10 #93730 by Muzzer
Replied by Muzzer on topic Yaskawa Servopacks any good?

So the drivers say they take 110 volt.

That's odd, Yaskawa are Japanese, and they use 200.
Is there possibly an input voltage selector?

Some parts of Japan are 220V, some are 110. And some are 60Hz, some 50Hz.

More
27 May 2017 23:53 #93732 by andypugh

If they use normal +-10v that would require a bit more work and transistors and resistors.......leme do some thinking on how to do that,

I came up with this to to 0-10V from a 5V parallel port, but it ought to work for +/-10V too.

goo.gl/photos/eu6AuGT4JdfCUDaKA

Some time later I found that you can get push-pull optos, and they work better for the 0-10V case.

More
28 May 2017 00:50 #93734 by tommylight

I came up with this to to 0-10V from a 5V parallel port, but it ought to work for +/-10V too.

goo.gl/photos/eu6AuGT4JdfCUDaKA

Some time later I found that you can get push-pull optos, and they work better for the 0-10V case.

That is even beter and simpler, it just requres anothe low power supply for 10V or +-10V. In the +- case it would just need to be wired a bit differently, namely the now gnd on the drive side would have to be wired to -10V and the power supply 0V wired to drive common or gnd.
Taking a bow to Andy for the idea.
Thank you.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds