can you add a measurement field and a go to button to emc2

More
28 Jan 2017 12:51 #86836 by Pause22
Hi i have been using emc2 on my pacer router for a few years with no problems ,i now want to make a digital fence for my chop saw and thought emc would be great to control it but i really would like to have a field on the emc screen to enter the required position and also a button to execute the command ,does anyone know if this is possible ?
thanks Sean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2017 13:00 #86838 by bevins

Hi i have been using emc2 on my pacer router for a few years with no problems ,i now want to make a digital fence for my chop saw and thought emc would be great to control it but i really would like to have a field on the emc screen to enter the required position and also a button to execute the command ,does anyone know if this is possible ?
thanks Sean

In the Axis gui, there is a MDI tab that you can do that. It is there when you install it.

Or you can creat one, thats easy also.

More
31 Jan 2017 00:39 #87019 by andypugh

i really would like to have a field on the emc screen to enter the required position and also a button to execute the command ,does anyone know if this is possible ?

Yes, it's possible.

You probably don't need anything more complicated than a GladeVCP panel with two buttons (HOME and GO) and a numerical entry box.

Probably not worth having a keyboard, or maybe only a full-time touch screen numeric one.

More
31 Jan 2017 09:10 #87044 by Pause22
Thanks for your suggestion i will look into it,do you have any tips for setting it up?

More
31 Jan 2017 10:05 #87047 by andypugh
I can only really suggest the docs:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/gui/gladevcp.html

You can make the moves using the MDI action button, and substituting the entry box number into the MDI command (see sectinon 7.5)
Homing would probably need to be a HAL widget, that gets connected in HAL to the axis.0.home pin.

More
31 Jan 2017 11:27 #87053 by Pause22
I have never really played that much with emc i just set it up on the machine i had and used it .my version is 2006 ver 6.06 and doesn't seem to have glade vcp installed ,it has never been updated never bothered as it works perfectly.
.Do you think it would be best for me to get the latest version of emc before i start ?

More
31 Jan 2017 11:46 #87054 by andypugh
As a general rule, if the software is still calling itself "EMC2" then it is well past time to update it.

"6.06" must be the Ubuntu version, though. LinuxCNC versions are 2.3, 2.4 up to the current 2.7.8
I think GladeVCP was introduced in 2.6

More
05 Feb 2017 14:24 #87338 by Pause22
So i now have linux cnc 2.7 up and running i have looked at glade and can,t really get my head around it can you give me any tips on how /where to start ?

More
05 Feb 2017 15:04 #87340 by andypugh

More
06 Feb 2017 19:45 #87412 by Pause22
Hi I have worked through the tutorial,but it does seem to have a few differences to the version I have,I am stuck at the point where it says select Linux CNC (I think on mine this is Linux CNC config picker) but I can't find my gladevcp1 to select it.
I have definitely saved it in Linux CNC /config. Any ideas ?

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds