Linuxcnc error

More
25 Apr 2017 05:51 #92031 by chelseafan
Replied by chelseafan on topic Linuxcnc error
The files have already been copied there. They have been there since day one. Including the last error oracchanger.comp file that was in its correct folder just not installed in its case.
It seems to coincidental, it must need some kind of installing/compiling ect that iocontrol file because as I've said before All of the wiring seems good so I don't believe inputs aren't there.
Where would I type them lines of command would it be in a terminal and do I have to navigate with cd to a certain folder first ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2017 09:05 #92039 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Linuxcnc error
You run those commands in the ~/linux-dev/src directory. But before you do, have a look at this tutorial
forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...-or-deb?limitstart=0

It starts from ground zero but you already have the OS installed so pick up on it where they start to build LinuxCNC

More
27 Apr 2017 19:33 #92232 by chelseafan
Sadly it didn't work which is a bummer. I had a flick through the Hal file and traced the toolchanger cable and all seems fine with the wiring. The. Board appears to be powered up that the toolchanger runs through. And I couldn't spot anything in the Hal file. Any ideas? I'm not really sure how the tool changer works and how it defines the tool number. And what inputs to test. But still wonder if this could be linked to the iocontrol file.

More
28 Apr 2017 09:16 #92248 by chelseafan
just had a thought, iocontrol.cc is a standard file i believe looking at 2.7 directory. i assumed the custom file was already transfered in there due to oracchanger.comp being in it location already. i wonder if i need to copy my custom file over and overwrite the standard one. ill try that tonight.

More
28 Apr 2017 17:28 #92291 by chelseafan
wasnt anything to do with that. so im back with the same issue iocontrol.0.currenttool pin doesnt exist. ive looked through the iocontrol.cc file and that line doesnt exist in there from what i can see but it does exist in my iocontrol-orac.cc file. so could there be an issue somewhere to do with this. i feel like i must be nearly there now.

any ideas
Attachments:

More
28 Apr 2017 17:56 #92293 by chelseafan

File Attachment:

File Name: ioControl_orac.txt
File Size:38 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Submakefile.txt
File Size:2 KB

ive attached the two files in text format as it wouldnt let me upload otherwise. in the submakefile it mentions emc and making it = io, io-orac, io-triac. io is the defualt setting. well i changed that a while ago from io-orac to io due to an error saying it can not load emc io-orac. so possibly this is my issue and i need to go back and fix this issue?
Attachments:

More
29 Apr 2017 00:04 #92314 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Linuxcnc error
Have you actually installed Linuxcnc by compiling from source? You've never been clear about that.

It looks like your missing pin is created in the
////////// NEW SECTION
by this line of code
// currenttool
    retval = hal_pin_s32_newf(HAL_IN, &(iocontrol_data->currenttool), comp_id, 
			      "iocontrol.%d.currenttool", n);

So the long and the short of it is that the pin will never exist unless the C code is compiled.I would also expect that it needs to be renamed to IoControl.cc but keep a backup of the original of that name so you can fall back.

Once you do that, use make to compile linuxcnc and halcompile to make your component and it will probably work.

More
29 Apr 2017 06:34 #92317 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Linuxcnc error
The lathe needs to run from a RIP build, with the modified iocontrol source file in it.
Otherwise the required mechanism for setting the initial tool number does not exist.

You can either build the toolchanger component in the source tree or seperately with comp (halcompile)

The component and modified iocontrol were written quite a few years ago for 2.5 or 2.6. If anything has changed with iocontrol since, that modified component might need updating, but it should just work.

I have never seen the lathe and only communicated online regards it.

I have not used linuxcnc for 3 years and have no further info regards this.

More
29 Apr 2017 07:35 #92319 by chelseafan
thanks guys for replying, this is my last error so i think the finishing line is nearly there. the reason i know that is because i commented out the line and linuxcnc opened. i cant see it as im on a windows computer at minute but the line i commented out is at the bottom of custom.hal and is one line with loads of ### above and below it. the message with it refers to hacking the io and uncommenting the line when the toolchanger is working.
i didnt actually get the machine to jog as to be honest i had no idea what to do when linuxcnc opened so ive started to read up on that now.

as for this last error. im assuning i have it installed. it was there on the pc when i got it under application/cnc. and i can only assume cncbasher knew what he was doing and did a rip install. am i able to check this somehow?

ive already tried what you suggested and changed the name of the new file to iocontrol.cc and this didnt work it wouldnt do a make and wanted to know where the file iocontrol-orac.cc was. from what i could see looking around linuxcnc when it loaded was that the machine thinks its at tool zero. and inputs 16,17,18 are my inputs for this. all these inputs are at 10volts, from abit of reading i believe two of these are used with a truth table to determine the tool and the third is for reversing the motor back onto its stop.

i think from comparing the standard file thats in the wiki that arceye did to mine cncbasher has done modifications over the years. these should be right as he was suppose to of run the machine before i got it.

im not really sure to be honest about this line ive commented out and if it will stop the toolchanger from working ill post it up when i can open the hal file properly.

More
29 Apr 2017 08:52 #92321 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Linuxcnc error

ive already tried what you suggested and changed the name of the new file to iocontrol.cc and this didnt work it wouldnt do a make and wanted to know where the file iocontrol-orac.cc was.

If you read the header of the Submakefile, it tells you what is going on
* # Amended 23082014 # ArcEye # # Add specific iocontrol components for Orac and Triac toolchangers # # Select the relevant io in the ini file # # [EMCIO] # EMCIO = io-triac (io-orac, or io for default) # #

IOSRCS := emc/iotask/ioControl.cc emc/rs274ngc/tool_parse.cc IOV2SRCS := emc/iotask/ioControl_v2.cc emc/rs274ngc/tool_parse.cc IOVORACSRCS := emc/iotask/ioControl_orac.cc emc/rs274ngc/tool_parse.cc IOVTRIACSRCS := emc/iotask/ioControl_triac.cc emc/rs274ngc/tool_parse.cc

USERSRCS += $(IOSRCS) $(IOV2SRCS) $(IOVORACSRCS) $(IOVTRIACSRCS)

../bin/io: $(call TOOBJS, $(IOSRCS)) ../lib/liblinuxcnc.a ../lib/libnml.so.0 ../lib/liblinuxcnchal.so.0 ../lib/liblinuxcncini.so.0 $(ECHO) Linking $(notdir $@) @$(CXX) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ $^

../bin/iov2: $(call TOOBJS, $(IOV2SRCS)) ../lib/liblinuxcnc.a ../lib/libnml.so.0 ../lib/liblinuxcnchal.so.0 ../lib/liblinuxcncini.so.0 $(ECHO) Linking $(notdir $@) @$(CXX) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ $^

../bin/io-orac: $(call TOOBJS, $(IOVORACSRCS)) ../lib/liblinuxcnc.a ../lib/libnml.so.0 ../lib/liblinuxcnchal.so.0 ../lib/liblinuxcncini.so.0 $(ECHO) Linking $(notdir $@) @$(CXX) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ $^

../bin/io-triac: $(call TOOBJS, $(IOVTRIACSRCS)) ../lib/liblinuxcnc.a ../lib/libnml.so.0 ../lib/liblinuxcnchal.so.0 ../lib/liblinuxcncini.so.0 $(ECHO) Linking $(notdir $@) @$(CXX) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ $^

TARGETS += ../bin/io ../bin/iov2 ../bin/io-orac ../bin/io-triac

4 different versions of iocontrol are built and you select which one you want from the ini file

@cncbasher used the same computer for several machines, which is why I set up the build so that he had all the different versions available, just needed to specify which in the config.

i didnt actually get the machine to jog as to be honest i had no idea what to do when linuxcnc opened so ive started to read up on that now.

I think you just need to get to know linuxcnc for now.
The tool number initialisation can be brought back in when you have more of a clue what you are doing.

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds